Apache Config..

mooo

thecyberninja
I am trying to setup apache at home and forward my domain to home ip. I have setup godaddy to forward domain to my IP, but setting up apache config for the name server is what i am confused on since its turned off by default.

Code:
Here is what the config had
#
# HostnameLookups: Log the names of clients or just their IP addresses
# e.g., www.apache.org (on) or 204.62.129.132 (off).
# The default is off because it'd be overall better for the net if people
# had to knowingly turn this feature on, since enabling it means that
# each client request will result in AT LEAST one lookup request to the
# nameserver.
#
HostnameLookups off

and here is what i added, would this be right?
Code:
#
# HostnameLookups: Log the names of clients or just their IP addresses
# e.g., www.apache.org (on) or 204.62.129.132 (off).
# The default is off because it'd be overall better for the net if people
# had to knowingly turn this feature on, since enabling it means that
# each client request will result in AT LEAST one lookup request to the
# nameserver.
#
HostnameLookups on

PARK3.SECURESERVER.NET (on)
PARK4.SECURESERVER.NET (on)

any help wouldbe appreciated. Trying to surprise my GF with a website of her own, so the sooner the better because our 1yr aniverary(spell?) is tomorrow and would like to have it setup by the time we got home from dinner so she can cry and i can welll.. you know :p

someone told me i just have to forward my ip through godaddy and it should direct without added the name server to my apache.. is that true?

leave hostnamelookups as off

Apache is a webserver, your os does the looking up of hostnames.

all you need do is set the servername to something and then configure a name based virtual host to serve up the files for the domain.

Cool the forwarding works :) now i have to make it keep the name of the origional website and not change to my dns/IP. Is that what you were talking about with
all you need do is set the servername to something and then configure a name based virtual host to serve up the files for the domain.

sorry for being a 'newb' i have never done this before, just thought it would be a perfect idea :p She gets home to flowers, then to dinner, then walk in downtown, then home to see the website. sound like a good idea?

i got it, was in my godaddy forward :p thanks for the help.. lets hope this works tomorrow..
/me crosses fingers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back