AOL in negotiations to buy Red Hat

I think it's Funny! First You can keep Linsux.. Open Source I stand behind it 100%, BUT not for a OS.

Wonder if AOL will put there SpyWare in it if they do buy it?
Plus Bill Gates owns a large amount of stock in Red Hat just to make sure he keeps control :D

it is amazing that corporations control so much and just want more and more .....

I use Linux for certain applications .... i wonder if it will stay free ?

BUT

I use XP for everything and love it ...... and dont mind paying for something I use all day everyday....

Do these guys have to get greedier though , how much is enough ?

Look you guys, If aol actually buys or develops a user friendly Linux, then believe it or not, MS will become an also ran. Linux is even more stable than xp, and the open source will make all refinements much cheaper to develope than MS will ever be able to duplicate. The ONLY reason Linux isn't the dominant os it should be, is the image of being a daunting undertaking to use. If AOL markets this with any proficiency at all, I'm buying all the AOL stock I can get my hands on.

Oh, man, I eagerly await the outcome of this one. Despite the massive amount of idiot-proofing AOL would build on top of it, I'm sure their tech support lines will be swamped within minutes by people who managed to rm / their systems.....

I guess everyone's expecting Aol to f&&$* up Linux the same way they did Netscape...don't be rediculous...red hat is already pretty good,and there'll be lots of betas before Aol does some seriouse marketing, and all they'll to have to do is expand Redhats support anyway, so What'll Billy do? Of course with his resources, he'll be able to find another product, but he will DEFINATELY go out of bussiness if he trys to compete in Os vs. Os.

Netscape was most populer browser before aol took over. Not it's almost that

Actually I think it's a great move.

If AOL buys Red Hat, then Microsoft MAY get some competition, and we all know that with competition comes better products, and cheaper prices, which is better for the consumer.

My question though will AOL make their Linux compatible with Microsoft software, like Lindows is trying to do.

I think that's the only way AOL can compete. I must be able to play my PC games, with out any compatibility crap.:D

I thought this was a great move for AOL, but they squshed the rumer the day after....they are not interested in red hat

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back