AOL double speeds

Poopy Pipex won't offer such a thing! :(
Time to migrate I guess.

Just received notification this afternoon - my broadband is doubled from 512 in April - not too long to wait, and worth it for £19.99 a month and no cap.

goddamn why's mine so late? :( I'm not particularly in the middle of nowhere..

I think you'll find most will follow, Hey even EP is getting b/band this week things must be on the up :laugh:

if only.
bloody bulldog can't see my phone number right, so can't cancel isdn so can't do anything.

Any other uncapped 1-2 meg isp recommendations?

I did read that brand new A.O.L. users will get 2 mb on platinum service, mugs like me have to wait till Easter.

Not going with AOL, I thinm my exchange can only do 1 meg, tho some places do say 2meg.
Cept Bulldog who just crash.

booo. EP and his isdn. :p
man.. let me know if you're really joining bulldog. I'll give you my ref # for recommend a friend scheme.

Bulldog ordered. I need the reference number they will give BT to get my ISDN pulled out. Would be nice to try and get a managed install, ie pull out ISDN and get ADSL sorted the same day, but I will settle for getting the reference number and getting the local bt guy on the case.

Ball is finally rolling.

I'm getting my 4mb service activated on the 1st March according to the details they've left on my account.

My friend signed up just before the New Year I think and he probably won't get his 2mb service until mid-march because Bulldog switched systems for sign ups recently. lol :p

I need to get rid of ISDN before anything else can be done.

£30 for 4mb Broadband + phone line.... not a bad deal. 400kb upload too.
£15 for recommend a friend.

I am paying £40 for 2 meg.
Not too fussed, they tried to make me take a monthly contract elsewhere but I wasn't having any of it.

I am told 4meg will be available in June (yeah right), but will take this as it comes, my main task was to get rid of ISDN. Getting a Bulldog phoneline and faster connection can come later.

I'm told that Bulldog are providing RADSL, so if you live close enough to your local exchange to get 4mb then you will get 4mb, otherwise you'll get the next best thing.
(That's when they upgrade the exchange to 4mb of course.)

In April, BT Wholesale are changing their pricing plans for ISPs to bandwidth only, not for speed and opening up all lines to top speed ADSL. This means most ISPs in the UK will be delivering the MAXIMUM speed your line can support and giving caps for downloading instead. 8Mbit here we come :)

Even though AOL claim they have an uncapped service, I know people who have received warnings from them because they have breached their Fair Use Policy by downloading too much!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back