Aol dial up networking

Okay. Here's the thing. Since you have internet connectivity, you're ALREADY CONNECTED THROUGH YOUR MODEM. Whether it's plugged in with an ethernet cable or usb doesn't matter. The connection is always going to say Local Area Connection. You WANT it that way. If the name Local Area Connection bothers you, rename it. I have already explained, along with two others, how to get the CONNECTION STATUS (NOT DIAL-UP STATUS) "computers" in your start menu.
/L.A

Right mouse click on the taskbar ( bar on the bottom of your computer ) select Task Manager, look at the tabs at the top of and select networking, at the bottom you will see the different NIC's you have installed in the computer click the one you want to monitor. Under View you can select the options you want to monitor. There are tools in the resource kit to enable you to take any app and put it in the system tray.

Provided with Freeluv -

Not AFAIK. ME is a 9x-based OS, where XP is NT-based. The Task Manager in XP is similar to the one in 2000, and NT4 is too old for me to remember perfectly, but that was similar to a certain extent as well. 9x-based only get the "Tasks" list with the End Task, Shut Down and Cancel buttons.
/L.A

http://w1.875.telia.com/~u87508767/modemstafaq.htm i downloaded the software and it worked but the only problem is that the icon in the system tray to say that im online and connected is being shown as im running windows 95 where as im running windows ME, anyone know how to change the icon? or have i got to update my DUN? cheers :)

Perhaps try looking through the folder to find the icon file? Or find a forum that supports that specific software? We're a Windows XP-related networking forum.

Incidentally, you never mentioned until your last post or two that you were running ME, not XP. Had I known that I could have answered your question on my first post...
/L.A

the thing that freeluv told me i dont understand how to get it into the system tray and how to monitor it......

I work for Aol Tech. not dsl but i will try. What version of aol are you using?

The thing that freeluv mentioned won't work the same way becuase you're running ME, not XP. You have to use a third-party tool to do this, most likely.
/L.A

you sure are confusing people, you better do some good explaining of what you got, whats your problem, and what you are trying to accomplish.

why don't you dabomb post exact computer spec and try to lay out clearly what you are trying to achieve with this post?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back