AOL and XP

LOL! You see, here in Canada, ATT has been nominated the number 1 ISP last year.. This all depends with the provider of the phone lines... ATT began its empire in Canada anyway... right? So it's only logic that the service is more stable here. That probably goes the same for MSN vs AOL.

But just so you know, the MSN clients I had were ALL Americans clients. I was working for a sub-contractor called Webhelp, which did support for MSN Internet Access in the US.

Also, I know you don't HAVE to use only what's inside of AOL, but if you use the AOL browser, you kind of have to in a way, that's what I meant. I'm referring to the post saying that AOL is the best thing for newbies cause it has everything in one place...

Anyway, enough of that. And by the way, it was not MY opinion.. I based that on many reports from people that had been using AOL. So it's kind of facts too. Maybe you got lucky with AOL and you have a good phone provider where you are, but it's not the same all around the country I'm SURE of that. AOL doesn't OWN the phone lines you know, they pay providers. Like MSN, we did business with 3rd party dial-up server providers, and that's why itw as so crappy. I don't know about AOL servers, if they really are THEIR servers (their own equipment) but I bet it's not, that costs WAY too much for the price they charge...

AOL & XP

As a user of AOL for the last 12 months, and a newbie to boot. I can safely say, that I have had not one single problem with them, since I changed to Ver 7. I have had problems to start with, but it was down to my own fiddling about, and not really knowing what I was doing, [mind you, I still don`t know] but I can honestly say that I am very happy with AOL.
I have no intentions of trying to be a Techie at my age, so that is in all likelyhood one of the reasons I use it.
MSN do not do the same deal in the UK, as they do in the US or Canada.
I live in the outback of Scotland, where we still use accumulators.
So it seems that AOL is quite useful after all.
I also use MSN to get news and sport from the US & Canada.
This is an opinion from a haggis basher, not an argument.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back