AOL and ISDN

brocher

OSNN Senior Addict
Has anyone experienced problems installing AOL7 using an isdn modem. I have installed it but it cannot connect to AOL. It trys to connect but cannot get a carrier signal. Any ideas??????

Sure AOL supports ISDN?!! I thought they were 56k only, erm but yuk AOL - America Almost Online :(

Skazz

I do not have AOL, but a friend does. I helped him set his up, and you have to delete and reinstall something, maybe even AOL 7 itself. Please ring the FREE AOL help line. They were very good with instructions.

A lot of people have problems with AOL 7

see if you can get hold of AOL 6 > that should work (you get a warning that its not XP compatible > but it still works)

I've not heard of any problems with AOL 8 > but it is in still beta form

it might be worth a try > its very close to going GM

AOL keyword "beta8"

:cool:

Doubt that keyword will be useful if he can't get on AOL lol :p

Skazz

lol good point Skazzy :p

Id just advise to go back to AOL 6 if it worked with ISDN :D

Sure AOL supports ISDN?!!

Yep, it does.. just 64k ISDN from what i remember (sorry if im wrong).. its been i while since ive had AOL so forgive me not that i even had ISDN but there was a time where i was considering it when i had AOL ISP :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back