Anyone thinking about changing to Mac?

yeah i agree with that... since i got my 1st compaq.. i made a promise to myself never to get a branded computer EVER!

Re: Re: Re: really?

Originally posted by [spoon]
do you know how much heat your 7200rpm HD would create in a laptop??
y do you think the processors have a speedstep?

its cuz if they didnt the caes would literally melt in your lap!
Exactly! Why do you think I wrote "tricky, or at least expensive"? It would have to be external probably.

Re: Re: Re: really?

Originally posted by [spoon]

do you know how much heat your 7200rpm HD would create in a laptop??
y do you think the processors have a speedstep?

its cuz if they didnt the caes would literally melt in your lap!

Speedstep was put in place so that the processor would chew up less power when the extra processing power wasn't required.

You can turn speedstep off too. Speedstep wasn't designed to cut down heat, it was implemented to increase battery life on laptops. Otherwise don't toy think they would've used in desktop chips as well (the less heat the better)?:)

Weshy.

i heard that if ol'billy finds out you switch to mac...he orders his BSOD hitmen to kill u....but then again it might be the drugs talkin.

oDin.

crack is good, but then u get hooked and die!

I wouldn't buy a mac desktop, although the G4 Powerbooks are cool. If I was buying a new laptop the Apple G4 Powerbook would be high on my list.

Thanks guys for the comments. I can see it is a complicated subjct. I liked the comment about Billy getting his BSOD guys to coerc you into not switching, je je.

I did experiment with detonator drivers and I got really poor 3DMark 2001 scores. Yikes. Will roll back.

And about the Gforce 2go... I wish I knew the ATI was better, I special ordered my Inspiron 4100 WITH Gforce2go, because of my horrific experience with my desktop's ATI RADEON drivewrs and I do love my Gforce III Titanium, is very trouble free.

Cheers

Pedro

Yeah, I have to agree with the fact that hardware and software variety, PC wins hands down. The only real attraction to Mac for me is OS X. And even that, with a few skinning programs and maybe a different shell, I can come semi-close to on my PC.

I was on the staff for my school's newspaper last year and we use Imacs for layout there. It's not too bad of a setup, but you know what the worst problem was for me to get used to? Having only one mouse button on a tiny little round hockey-puck-like mouse. I mean, I don't have that big of a hand or anything, but the thing still kept getting lost underneath my hand. I'd be going along fine, and all of the sudden the cursor would stop working on the screen. I'd look down and find myself with the mouse curled up in my fist an inch or two about the mouse pad. :D :D :D

Edit: I just realized that this thread was two months old. I was searching for stuff and came upon it, and thought why don't I reply too? Oh well.

Originally posted by pedroboe
with all the viruses and security this and backdoor that, it just seems very tempting to me to do the leap. I mean, I know I have lots of titles and software and games I would lose if I did....
UNIX can be cracked easier then NT when NT is configed properly.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back