anyone seen this before?

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
my friend is trying to install verizon modem drivers for his 6700 from the cd and this is the error

I never saw it

"cannot create a stable subkey under a volatile parent key"

how to fix?

Attachments

• error message.JPG
    error message.JPG
    105.6 KB · Views: 109
Can't say that I have, that's the sort of message that makes newbies wet their pants. :ermm:

What I would like to know is why he would want to use a usb modem ? Does he know that will deplete his speed ???

o_0

USB = 12mbps. What speeds are Verizon providing these days?

It's a cellphone, Johnny. He's trying to install the phone as a USB modem to connect to Verizon's EV-DO network.

NetRyder said:
It's a cellphone, Johnny. He's trying to install the phone as a USB modem to connect to Verizon's EV-DO network.
O.k dude .. That explains it ..

@Speedy - I am currently getting 1.5 down adn 384 up ...

DJ
Yeah, but can you get it up? Show off, I hate you.

Perris
Here's the applicable solution from venomxt's link.
It couldn't find the right file, there were too many choices.

Well I got there in the end...

I think the first possible cause of the previous problem was I was pointing to a file location for the drivers, which had several inf files therein. This time I pointed to the actual P2k file.

However using the one in the link message saw me have a device not found error (this was dated 11-6-2003) for the motorola usb modem. Somehow I found myself at a directory offering me another example of this file (dated 8-25-2003) I selected this and things were starting to improve.

Next however I had the missing file error again - this time though it was named as usbserv.sys. A quick search showed this in several directories on my system, so I pointed the software at one of them directly and it solved that problem.

So its now interfacing, the on screen picture is marginally different but it works.

Last edited:
LeeJend said:
DJ
Yeah, but can you get it up? Show off, I hate you.

Perris
Here's the applicable solution from venomxt's link.
It couldn't find the right file, there were too many choices.

Which is what I pointed out in my post all the way back. ;)

Yeah, I saw that but was hoping no one would notice you mentioned it first.

he's working on it...he's in florida so I can't be hands on.

I will let everyone know what happens

thanx all

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back