Anyone into Surround Systems?

N

neoterixx

I have a really powerful computer sound system, the Altec Lansing ATP 5. They are to powerful for my computer and I was wondering what I need to hook them up to my DVD system or tv for a surround sound feeling. ANYONE ?

I belive your gonna have to do it threw a stero, my friend has his set up through his PC, I personally have mine set up through a receiver so I can't help to much, what kind of sound card do you have and does it have the decoder on board or is it in your speakers

I hear you say "Surround System" You have come to the right place my friend,

All you need is a bog standard SB 128 or 16 PCI, or even on board sound, makes no difference.

Then you get a Reciever, then a Amp with DTS and 5.1 or 6.1 and then your speakers to create the perfect sound solution.

My uncle has a Digital Reciever, 52" Projecter Monitor, 5 Amps 16 Speakers, 2 Subs Multiregion Sony Dvd player, and then he just pops in his pc for some action he can have GP3 Running on his 52" projector :)

What a true daddy ;)

SkaZZy:D

I have Sound Blaster Live 5.1. I got my speakers hooked up into the sound card for now, but want to devise something to the T.V . What kind of a reciever do I need ?

Richer Sounds

Click Home Cinema, then separates, Then pic the Pioneer VSXD510 £109.95 £299.95 £190 Off That is your best option, got a whole lot of inputs and outputs got DTS, Dolby Digital, Pro-Logic and only £109.95 hope it helps,

Ow where is West Nyack?

Well look for something like that reciever,

SkaZZy:D

WEST NYACK is in Rockland, N.Y near Westchester.

I don't want to buy a new system, I just want to hook up my ALTEC LAnsings (ATP5 computer speakers) to my DVD player, what can I do ?

I am just wondering if a twin SCARTplug output from the back of your DVD player might do the trick. The SCART to your speakers would have to be SCART to phono leads.

Just a thought.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back