Anyone into Surround Systems?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by neoterixx, Sep 22, 2002.

1. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

I have a really powerful computer sound system, the Altec Lansing ATP 5. They are to powerful for my computer and I was wondering what I need to hook them up to my DVD system or tv for a surround sound feeling. ANYONE ?

2. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

3. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

I belive your gonna have to do it threw a stero, my friend has his set up through his PC, I personally have mine set up through a receiver so I can't help to much, what kind of sound card do you have and does it have the decoder on board or is it in your speakers

4. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

I hear you say "Surround System" You have come to the right place my friend,

All you need is a bog standard SB 128 or 16 PCI, or even on board sound, makes no difference.

Then you get a Reciever, then a Amp with DTS and 5.1 or 6.1 and then your speakers to create the perfect sound solution.

My uncle has a Digital Reciever, 52" Projecter Monitor, 5 Amps 16 Speakers, 2 Subs Multiregion Sony Dvd player, and then he just pops in his pc for some action he can have GP3 Running on his 52" projector :)

What a true daddy ;)

SkaZZy:D

5. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

I have Sound Blaster Live 5.1. I got my speakers hooked up into the sound card for now, but want to devise something to the T.V . What kind of a reciever do I need ?

6. SkazzyUK

SkazzyUK XP-erience Oldie

Richer Sounds

Click Home Cinema, then separates, Then pic the Pioneer VSXD510 £109.95 £299.95 £190 Off That is your best option, got a whole lot of inputs and outputs got DTS, Dolby Digital, Pro-Logic and only £109.95 hope it helps,

Ow where is West Nyack?

Well look for something like that reciever,

SkaZZy:D

7. neoterixx

neoterixx Guest

WEST NYACK is in Rockland, N.Y near Westchester.

I don't want to buy a new system, I just want to hook up my ALTEC LAnsings (ATP5 computer speakers) to my DVD player, what can I do ?

8. Kirrie2001

Kirrie2001 Guest

I am just wondering if a twin SCARTplug output from the back of your DVD player might do the trick. The SCART to your speakers would have to be SCART to phono leads.

Just a thought.