Anyone have the "turbo-charged" Time Warner

Sazar

Rest In Peace
I just got a call saying I will be upgraded to the new turbo-charged thinger which is 22Mbps down and stuff.

Anyone else tried it?

Cheers :)

I just got a call saying I will be upgraded to the new turbo-charged thinger which is 22Mbps down and stuff.

Anyone else tried it?

Cheers :)

I hadn't heard about it. I may have to see if it's available in my area. For an extra $10 a month it would be worth it. I currently get roughly 10 Mb/s down and about 1 Mb/s up with the standard service.

Thanks for making me aware of this. :)

It's not available in my area yet. :cry:

I think it is just like Comcast's Powerboost.

PowerBoost up to 22Mbps claim is based on Road Runner Turbo’s standard maximum download speed of 15 Mbps. Road Runner Turbo with PowerBoost provides a burst of download speed when capacity is available above the customer’s provisioned download speeds for the first 10MB of a file. It then reverts to your provisioned speed for the remainder of the download. PowerBoost is a registered trademark of Comcast Corporation. Used with Permission. Terms and conditions of this offer are subject to change at the discretion of Road Runner at any time.

I've been very happy with Time Warner. They are the anti-Comcast.

Well I theoretically should have it "turned on" when I get home this evening so I'll check it out then.

well that doesn't really seem worth it. higher download speed than what you're paying for on only the first 10MB of a file? Just doesn't make sense to me. Say you're downloading a 1GB file..... the first 10MB would be done rather quick... the rest would be quite a bit longer.

The Turbo package, from reading, is a 15 Mb/s download rate. The Turbo package also comes with PowerBoost which boosts you to ~22 Mb/s during the initial part of a download. This is great for downloads like ISOs of a *nix or whatever other big downloads. The technology is more aimed at those large downloads than normal usage.

I get ~10 Mb/s download but that's not what my speeds are advertised as being. I am listed as getting less so at any time Time Warner could lessen it and I can't complain. I'd love a set 15 Mb/s and give me the PowerBoost and I'm make use of it.

Well it's running about 2-3 times the speed it was before and I can definitely multi-task/surf better/faster :)

And this is Road Runner, not Comcast.

7007.png

I have it, it's quite nice.

I'd be interested to see what you think of it. Hubs is IT Director for a marketing company that sells for Time Warner Cable... Always nice to see customer feedback on products!

Cox has the same deal. We get 20 Mbps down, and 1.5 Mbps up though. First 10 MB of a file is also speed up to 25 Mbps. That being said, it is useless for larger files, it is very handy for downloading many small files. For example, the source code for various open source projects is around 8 - 9 MB, so downloading those is nice and fast.

Do they bump the upload also, as that would be the real selling point. Saving 2secs on a download and cheating on speed tests is just fluff to keep people away from real services like FIOS. :p

I really wish I could get FIOS in my area. :(

My ping is always yellow in all games and I keep switching my net, I don't know what's going on. I buy the best one I can afford and it's still only at about 6-15kbps max.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back