Anyone have problems with Logitech iTouch software slowing shutdown?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Punkrulz, Apr 28, 2003.

1. Punkrulz

Punkrulz Somewhat eXPerienced

Hey all,

For some reason whenever I have the logitech itouch software installed on my computer, it slows down shutdown so that it takes about 8 minutes to shut down... it just stops and does nothing until it will finally shut down. Logitech released no fixes or other patches after 2.15 I think it is, and I haven't been able to fix it myself. Anyone know how to solve the problem while keeping the software on there?

2. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Guest

I have the same problem, and to answer your question...nope.

The software is flawed, it doesn't shut down, the only solution is to back up to a previous version of the software unfortunately, or deal with it until they release a newer and hopefully fixed version.

3. Erbmaster

Erbmaster Moderator Folding Team

Same problem here. Don't get 8 minute delays, but it sometimes wiggling the mouse when the PC appears to have hung, kicks the final power-off into action. I do stress though, only sometimes
    Been waiting for Logitech to sort it for last 12 months! :mad:

4. apu95

apu95 Caffeine-->Code Converter

thats weird...i have the itouch software and there are no slowdowns whatsoever in shutdown.
    i have version 2.15.264...
    have u tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software?

5. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

FYI it didnt work for me.

6. Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg Guest

Ya, I was looking around on their FTP and found that registry file too a while back...thought I finally had it, but it didn't do anything. Oh well :(

7. justme

justme Guest

Yes, I had this problem, found it to be a newer driver i installed. Once I rolled back driver everthing was fine... Give me a minute and I'll tell ya what driver to use.

edit,

use:

ver. 9.75
    file Ver. 9.75.294.0
    Driver Date 9/24/02

8. Punkrulz

How do you rollback to that specific driver? Is that going into the keyboard and clicking rollback driver, or no? That's the only way I could think possible... and where do you get the driver?

9. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

the 1 on cd that came with the keyboard works for me, all the updates crap out my shutdown. you cant even force close the mouseware in task manager it blows big time and those a-holes at logitech dont have a clue.

10. justme

justme Guest

Go to device mgr / KeyBoard and roll back driver, allso what mouse are you using? if its a cordless logitech you can not update drivers on one without the other...
    Should be able to get driver (from their site :( ) just dont use the latest drivers and your box should shut down just fine.

11. Punkrulz

I am using a Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer... hell though I hated using Logitech drivers, and I think even MS Mouse drivers did it, because it some how made the mouse seem to be sluggish in moving... *Shrugs* I'll try rolling back the driver tonight... will it find the driver, or do I need to have the driver to "roll back" to?

12. indyjones

indyjones OSNN.net Adventurer

Using the latest mouseware drivers and the previous versions to the latest version of the itouch software fault free try searching on google for a download of older drivers or use the ones off the cd

13. Erbmaster

Erbmaster Moderator Folding Team

lol @ Logitech. "Progress" in a retarded kinda way.

I too use older drivers now.

Just a tip* Make sure if you use Windows Updates, that it doesn't try to overwrite your existing driver (cos it will given the chance). I've had this happen (wasn't paying attention) and even though the driver is WHQL, it completely humped my ststem.

Rolled back to earlier driver (think it was the CD one too but i'm not at that machine at the mo, so can't check.)

14. Punkrulz

Question: Do you have the Software {That has the problem} installed, and THEN rollback the driver? Could you elaborate?

15. justme

justme Guest

Grrrrrrr..... read what indyjones suggest I beleive he is correct.
    I for one had no problem after installing the software from CD, only after I updated keyboard and MX 700 drivers did I have the slow shutdown. I rolled back to original drivers and problem went a way. I track my problem by viewing the the event logs... I suggest you do the same.

16. Indomidable

Indomidable Guest

To answer the Roll Back question....
    Roll Back = use older drivers

So to answer you if you never had the CD drivers installed then it can't roll back.

So, follow Indy Jones directions first uninstalling everything then his directions.

17. Punkrulz

What would I do a search for under Google?