Anyone Autocross? (story)

Roadhog

Resident Alien
So I went Autocrossing for the first time! It was alot more straight forward than I thought it would be..

Here is how stuff went...

- I got to the track at 8:30am...

- Found a place to park, hung out a bit and talked to a bunch of people... A long time veteran walked the course with me and gave me a bunch of pointers! Was really cool.

- Everyone there was really great and willing to help!

- Emptied everything out of the car, and went over it before inspection...

- Registered, got my number (101) ironic... yes.. lol

- Car was inspected, passed fine.. Got a class assigned to me.. (GS)

- Everyone got assigned a car group.. I was in Group 2, group 1 ran first... Everyone from group 2 was assigned a job to do, like upright knocked over cones, and what not.. I was assigned to write down times on the board lol...

- At around 11:30-12:00 I had my first run! It went amazingly better than I thought it would.. I was worried about missing a turn, or running over cones, but I didn't even had to think about where to turn.. It just seemed natural, like I've ran the course before...

- My first run I ran a ~1:49.xx, then on my second run I ran a 1:41.xx, and leveled out around there with the rest of my runs...

- The all season tires on my car really killed me... They were good for about half the run, then at the end half I had to really slow down because they would over heat and get slippery. :( The course was 1.2 miles start to finish...

- There was about 35-40 cars that showed up... Next one im going to, same layout, and same place will have probably over 100 cars...

Cliffs:
I had a blast! Most fun i've had in a long time... The course was really nice too, lots of high speeds parts, and laid out really nice. :D

Now for the media...

Video of my Rado 3 wheelin.

I was told I was 3 wheeling around over half the course.. lol

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoSP6lRnOj4

If that doesn't work...
http://www.area51.infiniteorig...n.wmv

And a few pics.

autox1.jpg

The Green pooper...
autox2.jpg

autox3.jpg

Me under HARD braking...
autox4.jpg
:D

And here is a rough layout of the 1.2mile course.

track.jpg

More in next post...

Second event.......

Pretty fun, wet and wild you could say... There was a pretty nice turnout, ~36 cars.

Pics. I would have taken more, but it was pouring rain the whole time. :(

autox1.jpg

autox2.jpg

autox3.jpg

autox4.jpg

autox5.jpg

Yumm, Cone....

crx.jpg

The springs and camber made a HUGE difference.. totally different car, on rails.. I had the 7th fastest time overall. :O

I did autocross with an old Mercury Sable 1993, 3.2 Liter V6. Since it has no traction control the course I was on I could slide around turns. Was a blast. Felt bad for my brakes though, they did not take kindly to what I was doing to them.

Cool! When I read 'Autocross' I thought you meant that dry skiing on caterpillar tracks! Phew!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back