Any ways to completely disable the windows file protection?

B

bbtak

If I remembered it right, I've only replaced 2 system files in the windows directory, I've disabled the system restore on all drives and I've added in the files in the filelist.xml, but every once a while it gives me this message box telling me to insert the winxp cd to recover the files, it's getting annoying, it popped up like 5 times in a row when I was in folders option changing the default icon for different filetypes.

Any idea why this is happening? I never had that problem before...

I found this line on the page, any idea how I can do this?

"Important: You must have a kernel debugger attached to the system via null modem cable (for example:I386kd.exe or Windbg.exe)" to use SFCDisable = 1 or SFCDisable = 2."

Can't you just turn off the service? I thought it runs as a service.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back