Any other email app that runs on windows?

Discussion in 'Windows Server Systems' started by hswihart, May 25, 2006.

1. hswihart

hswihart OSNN One Post Wonder

We have about 700 users on our email server. My boss just won't buy Exchange because he thinks it is too expensive. Is there any other email app that will run on a Windows server? If so can it handle 700 (plus) users?

Heather

2. hswihart

We are using Mercury now and we cannot get the spam filtering to work for Outlook Express clients. Someone said there was a workaround but I could never find it. My boss thinks we should just get a Linux based product but no one here is proficient at Linux and they don't want to have a mail server that they don't understand.

3. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

Yeah I understand. Right now I think we have 15,000 users on Lotus Notes servers. I hate lotus notes. Outlook is so much more user friendly with end users I must say.

4. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

have a look at MailEnable, works great for ~150 of our 400 customers :) - Just be sure to get the latest build as the older builds have a bug that cuases the NoExecute hardware/software to kill the pop3 service periodically.

5. hswihart

Thank you very much for all of your advice. I am researching some products right now.