Any one any good with printers, hardware problem...

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Skunk141, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Skunk141

Skunk141 OSNN Addict

I have a Epson Stylus Photo 2100 here that has decided to start printing really badly in that it only prints every other line so you end up with a completely unreadable page. I've tried the self clean with no joy and changed the cartridges, is there anything else to try, I'm not scared to open it if needs be...

2. technomom

technomom Techno Mom

If you still haven't gotten it to work, you may try pulling the cartridges out and wiping them very gently with a soft tissue. Sometimes ink gets on the little chip on the side and causes problems.

You say you've changed cartridges, so if they have all been changed, that wouldn't be it.

Try taking them out and see if you can access the underside of the carriage. Gently clean with q-tips.

Seems I had this problem with an old Epson and we ended up getting it clean...

BTW, fellow Epson lover here!! I've got an R220 that I've run through the wringer. About to replace it with the new Artisan 800 in a few weeks! I won't print photo or graphic print jobs on anything but an Epson!
  3. VONU

VONU OSNN One Post Wonder

afaik its best to soak the heads for a few hours rather than just rub away at them. the soaking should get more gunk out and lessen abrasion. hope this helps :)
  4. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Red Sox Nation
    i usually just let the heads sit on a folded up paper towel soaked in rubbing alcohol for about 5 minutes.
  5. RonStarusnak

RonStarusnak OSNN Addict

You said you changed the cartages but it just sounds like it's running out of ink.