Any news on IE 7?

Is there going to be a 7? I heard there was and also heard there wasn't. But that was a long time ago.

The last rumour surrounding IE7 was in October 2002.

Originally posted by Enyo
Work has not stopped on IE but a new release will not seen as a standalone component.

Longhorn will have IE 6 and its not knowen what will be included in Blackcomb.

The next versions of IE will be seen only as part of the OS, this is due to the core development of IE, simply older OSs are not going to be able to cut the new technologies MS have in mind and of couse anti-trust issues.

A news story was around a week or so ago giving some details on this.

Thats what I meant :p
Couldn't find a damn link to the article though. :mad:

Work has not stopped on IE but a new release will not seen as a standalone component.

Longhorn will have IE 6 and its not knowen what will be included in Blackcomb.

The next versions of IE will be seen only as part of the OS, this is due to the core development of IE, simply older OSs are not going to be able to cut the new technologies MS have in mind and of couse anti-trust issues.

A news story was around a week or so ago giving some details on this.
Oh, I was hoping IE 7 would come out separatly. I guess I'll stick with Mozilla for now since they have builtin popup stopper and tabbed browsing. I like IE too...

As Speedy enjoys pointing out
Helloooo *waves* :p

Mozilla even supports NTLM Authentication now, and (even though we're at 1.4 RC1, and this is a long way off, but..) 1.5 is going to be a lot smaller and faster, by taking elements from FireBird to improve the Mozilla suite.

So, woot... IE stinx :p :D

/me will be unsavy until mozilla is as refined and as fast as ie.

till then, I am un savy

Speedy, do you use the firebird nightly binaries? If so are they troublesome or solid?

I use the Firebird nightlies. Keep them updated everyday. I have found them to be as stable as milestone builds, but that's because I don't delibrately try to crash them :D

Mozilla is on it's way to becoming Firebird.
The Mozilla suite will converge to Firebird as it's standalone browser and Thunderbird as it's standalone mail client.

I would have stayed with the firebird had I not kept getting to sites it had trouble with...I liked the bird

I couldn't handle mozilla.

I can't understand why mozilla is so much slower then firebird

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back