Antivirus - what you prefer !

its seems like everytime XP crashes for me, its b/c of norton....

norton seems to conflict with ALOT of different programs. The only reason im using norton right now is b/c i like the features in systemworks 2002

Strange .. I run Norton 2002 anti-virus and Norton Internet Security 2002 and have never had it cause anything to crash....

:confused:

Originally posted by Famine
Strange .. I run Norton 2002 anti-virus and Norton Internet Security 2002 and have never had it cause anything to crash....
Ditto.

I'm currently using NAV2002 but I'm considering changing to something else (dunno what yet). I've had nothing but problems with it lately. The most recent, I run LiveUpdate and it doesn't update. Every time I run LiveUpdate it says it's downloading and installing the same flippin thing (same size). Plus it hasn't updated my NIS :mad:

I've been using Norton's Antivirus 2002 in conjuction with XP every since I got the two together. I just bought SystemWorks 2002, so it will be to have the integration of all the various services.

As for Norton AV itself, it's actually very good. I expected a resource hog but it was actually quite light on the resource and very high on protection. I've tried a few of the free ones out (AVG, Inoculate etc) and although they were certainly functional, I never really felt as protected. I think, at least for peace of mind, Norton AV is the way to go. The very frequent updates released are reassuring.

AVG would come a close second. Very light on resources, very easy to install and perhaps not as bloated as Norton AV. For those who don't want to dish out money on Norton AV or SystemWorks, AVG would be my second choice - and it's completely free. Paradise!.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back