Ant-Spyware Software... whom do you trust?

well im sticking with adaware, spybot and firefox
besides maybe he didnt do all the scans on adaware, when you scan you get the option of "Full system scan" and "Scan volume" maybe if he had scanned the volume he would've found it, i still trust adaware

FishBoy said:
well im sticking with adaware, spybot and firefox
besides maybe he didnt do all the scans on adaware, when you scan you get the option of "Full system scan" and "Scan volume" maybe if he had scanned the volume he would've found it, i still trust adaware

Apparently you haven't read the threads via the links provided then. There's quite a bit going on over at the dslreports.com forums about this topic. :rolleyes:

Some people are just blind to see things as they are krom ... You can't sell water to every one ..

guys this is very serious.

according to lavasoft, whenu has changed and they are a better compantand have been allowed to be on computers running ad-aware and no alertor uninstall options will be available to the user.

This includes all old version of whenu when tey were a threat.

so if you install beashare you will be pested by spyware and ad-aware will be happy to not let you even know.

The dsl thread is great as it alerts us to info that whenu is notthe only soyware company that ad-ware stops to recognize and there areactually more that no longer are cleaned by ad-aware.
I cannot recommend a program to a customer that cannot clean a computerand rid it of monitoring programs that can crash the computer

I just have the MS AntiSpyware Beta installed at this point, simply because of the realtime monitoring. Honestly, I don't even need it. It's just running in the background, so I don't really care. I'll consider whether I want to keep using it or not once it goes final.

Ad-Aware Pro is realtime too, but given the fact that I haven't had malware problems for a few years now, it's not worth the cash for me. Besides, this whole WhenU thing has left a bad taste in my mouth. I run Ad-Aware Personal and Spybot once every few months. They just end up finding nothing...or at the most, some silly cookies that don't really bother me since I clear them off every once in a while. *shrug*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back