Another windows annoyance

BlackICE ?

Hi there,

Are you using BlackICE defender 2.9ca<n ?

I also had all kinds of trouble like yours, with IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL blue screens of death about once every half-hour of win up-time.

I found on a yahoo group (which used to be linked directly by Network Ice, not anymore since they are owned by ISS... check it out here : http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bidgeneral/message/2700) that many other users of XP + BlackIce had the same trouble, usually a STOP 0x0000000A (although not always... as your trouble with ndis).

The solution : add this to your blackice.ini (in c:\program files\Network Ice\BlackICE\)

[Generic]
adapterICE_ADAPTER=true
startup.sleep=20
restart.whenDeviceChg=disabled

It worked for me, since winxp rarely crashes since I applied this patch.

I've been getting the exact same error message -

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

except I know exactly the conditions that cause it to occur on my system. I've got a new dell dimension 8200 (don't poke fun I got it for my mom and grandma). It has one of those dell keyboards with the customizable hotkeys. 100% of the time now if I press one of the hotkeys in the first few seconds of logging into a user account I got the stop screen message there is a physical memory dump and my computer restarts.

I got this error aswell, but the cause was that i had a 233MHz fan for my 1.4GHz (now i have a 1.4GHz fan) and my cpu kept getting overheated !

See if your fan has died or Not ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back