Another question about slow boot ups

S

SpandexPants

Hi,

Ive recently installed XP Pro, and it takes around 3:30 minutes to boot up. Ive looked up all the other posts in this forum about the problem but none have helped me.

What happens is, it gets to the XP loading screen, and the scrolling bar pauses about every 30 seconds and after about 3:20 minutes the lights light up on my usb modem, USB MIDI interface and scsi burner, and my CD rom drive starts spinning then it boots up.

My system is

AMD Athlon 1.3 GHz
Asus A7M 266 Motherboard
512 MB Crucial Technology P133 SDRAM
30 GB IMB Deskstar hard drive
Asus 7700 series Geforce 2 GTS
Creative Labs soundblaster Live Platinum
Adaptec SCSI card (forgot which model no)
Yamaha CRW 8824 burner (SCSI)
Asus 50speed CR ROM
Acatel Speedtouch ADSL modem (USB)
Steinberg MIDEX 8 MIDI interface (UBS)

I tried BootVis but that didnt speed up the boot time either.

So if anyone can help ill be extremely grateful,

Thanks in advance!!!!

its prolly the modem slowing it up. XP booting doesnt like NIC cards to much. Its a slow process. The only thing I can recommend is ensure that the WORKSTATION service is disabled. This helped me some. Hope this helps!

Tek!

Thanks for the help, but i tried it and it didnt work :(

Guess ill just have to live with it,

Cheers

Im suffering from a similar problem so im gonna try changing my computer from being a 'workstation' to a 'server' (which it is in reality cos its got 2 NICs in it) but i cant for the life of me figure out where the option to do this is!!

Could someone tell me where t find the option to change my comp from a 'workstation' to a 'server'

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back