Another Problem deleting a Folder

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Led2112, Jan 16, 2002.

1. Led2112

Led2112 Guest

I have read all the posts about not being able to delete a file because it was being used by another person or program. I did have that problem and thanks to this forum I found out that I could delete it using Nero.. New Problem trying to delete a folder and get the error Cannot delete folder make sure the disk is not full or write Protected and that the file is currently not in use. I tried in Explorer and in Nero the file is not in use and Ideas?? Its a file I made to store some mp3's.

2. Hilander

Hilander Guest

I've had that happen also. The only way I could delete it, was to delete the files first, then the folder.

3. DAZZ

DAZZ Guest

and if that dont work, goto safe mode, and delete it...

4. Led2112

Led2112 Guest

Well...no files in the folder and still won't let me delete. Safe mode doesnt work either. I can't even open the file it wont let me access it.

5. Led2112

Led2112 Guest

I am at a loss...anyone have a clue?

6. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Don't know if this has been tried or not>

Deleting files - Access Denied Error

Close all open applications.
    Open a command prompt and navigate to the directory with the offending files.
    Then open the Task Manager and click on the Processes tab. select "explorer.exe" under Image Name. Click "End Process".
    That will leave you with only the command prompt and the task manager running.
    Now at the Command Prompt, its time to delete the file(s). Using the DEL command. Example c:>\movies\DEL movie.avi
    Now the files are deleted, go to the task manager and click on the Applications tab. Click the "New Task" button. in the dialog, type explorer.exe and click OK.

For folders the command is 'rd'.

7. westy1

westy1 Guest

Have you right clicked and checked the properties of the folder, you may have to log on as administrator, or inherit it to yourself.