Another FREE Anti Virus Program

Capricorn

OSNN Senior Addict
I use AVG at present, and find it fine, however I noticed this Free Anti Virus program, and wondered if anyone was using it, and if so how good is it? It's called AntVir and can be found at:-
http://213.198.79.3/

Its been around for a while but ive never felt its a serious player.

In terms of free AV's GAV is great, despite the real time protection not been in place as yet.

AntVir's virus detection firgures seem a little low to me, NAV detects about 10,000 more threats that it does (as of 2003-03-15 beta defs NAV detects 63300).

So detection is a little lower than the big antivirus companys.

Its interface is poor to IMO. May be nice to watch the devlopment of this but its already branched out into a commercial edition so the free one may get neglected after time.

It sure does look at least like a low cost alternative.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back