Annoying...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Ulf, Sep 16, 2003.

1. Ulf

Ulf Guest

Whoa!

Nothing serious, but still annoying.
    Everytime i boot up my windows (Xp pro Sp1. ) It opens up my programs folder, how do i get rid of that? (It´s not in my autostart or msconfig or anything like that)

Out

2. StormFront

StormFront Guest

No useto you this but I get this sometimes too. Only sometimes mind, haven't seen it in a few weeks and I am damned if I can work out what triggers it!:(

3. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

If you leave windows open when you shut down, those windows will automatically re-open when the computer boots back up.

JJB

4. Ulf

Ulf Guest

But if have never left the program´s folder open, i usually close all my windows... Could there be somehting in the registry that would need some kicking to get rid of?

5. yoyo

yoyo _________________

Check the commands in msconfig and/or the shortcut commands in your startup folder for anything that doesn't actually start, has an invalid path or a path that misses quotes if it has spaces in it.

6. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

Yeah it's usually caused by an invalid path and/or program being launched at startup. Normally it's set in the registry.

7. Ulf

Ulf Guest

Yes that solved it, thanks. I had a invalid entry in the msconfig startup section.
    Anyone got a clue what WpsRePsw.exe is supposed to be?