Annoying...

U

Ulf

Whoa!

Nothing serious, but still annoying.
Everytime i boot up my windows (Xp pro Sp1. ) It opens up my programs folder, how do i get rid of that? (It´s not in my autostart or msconfig or anything like that)

Out

No useto you this but I get this sometimes too. Only sometimes mind, haven't seen it in a few weeks and I am damned if I can work out what triggers it!:(

If you leave windows open when you shut down, those windows will automatically re-open when the computer boots back up.

JJB

But if have never left the program´s folder open, i usually close all my windows... Could there be somehting in the registry that would need some kicking to get rid of?

Check the commands in msconfig and/or the shortcut commands in your startup folder for anything that doesn't actually start, has an invalid path or a path that misses quotes if it has spaces in it.

Yeah it's usually caused by an invalid path and/or program being launched at startup. Normally it's set in the registry.

Yes that solved it, thanks. I had a invalid entry in the msconfig startup section.
Anyone got a clue what WpsRePsw.exe is supposed to be?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back