annoying internet explorer sounds

N

npfanz

I've wanted to get rid of that stupid clicking noise IE makes ever since I noticed it (ME I think....)

I'm disappointed that its still in XP, does anyone know how to disable it? In typical microsoft fashion, anything annoying that they realize most people won't want is rather difficult to get rid of (windows messenger).

Help please

Go to control panel>sound and audio devices>sounds>scroll down until you get to windows explorer and the one that says [start navigation] is the culprit. While your there you can also get rid or change anymore annoying sounds you dont like:)

you can also go into your control panel and use the no sounds scheme which comes with xp... which will disable all sounds

THANK YOU. For some reason that sound is always louder than everything else, so if I've been playing half life or something and then go to IE, clicking on a hyperlink is quite a startle.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back