annoying helkern attack !!

i was googling around trying to figure out the annoying messages from Kaspersky were being caused from an outside source randomly slamming my IP or if it was something internal trying to call out to another machine.

The first comment about "...never heard of karperky antivirus..." made me laugh...I almost backed to google immediatly but I decided to read on, hoping someone said something...im glad to see i wasn't the only one that knew it's top 3 (if not #1..) of antivirus. So yeah..good members here. :)

Anyway, for those who are confident with there probleming solves "just in case" sh*t happens (ie: experienced users)....Kaspersky released a program labeled "Kaspersky Internet Security 2006 (Prototype)" which is version 6.0.9.96 currently.

here's a user review
http://www.softpedia.com/progViewOpinions/1-174,.html

here's a link to the download page -FROM A TRUSTED SOURCE-KASPERSKY THEMSELVES- Never ever ever download a critical security tool from a webserver you have any doubt about or if you've never heard of it (lol...'karpersky'...). if you do you are asking for problems.
EXPIRED://downloads1.kaspersky-labs.com/beta/kav2006/AVP.6.0.9.96.exe

edit: kaspersky took it off their servers, maybe they have enuf testers..if you're quick it still on softpedia..
http://download.softpedia.ro/software/ANTIVIRUS/AVP.6.0.9.96.exe

I looked around their web site for info about it and found nothing, but it's posted in Softpedia and downloads from kaspersky's URL

The program has been great. Used it for a month with my only other constant security app being protowall. It's done it's job whenever needed so far, and it came with a free year of updates. I am a sucker for a truely free quality anything, and i was able to uninstall KAV and KAH which i was already using. KIS2006 is an easy to use, all-in-one suite that does a great job of prodiving total protection while using little system resources. There are still some features that say "Coming Soon..." but they are features I could live without anyways. The only annoyance so far has been the helkern alert (which i have been seeing with KAH anyway) and an occasional "Scanning of... has timed out" alert. The fix is probably a simple setting, I'll figure that out later. Anyways, check it out, post any comments you have on it, makes for good reading and kaspersky's ears are most likely wide open since it's Prototype version...later =)

LordOfLA said:
Kaspersky AV is one of the top 3 AV scanners, the screenshot is telling you its protected the PC from an external attack, scanning the files is not going to achieve anything at all whatsoever :D

So save yourself some time and dont bother.
I have a question why is it that it seems kav is the only virus program that fines helkern virus? I'm using kav now, and I don't think but its the what IF just to sell. get my point.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back