Annoying download problem plz help!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by patrick, Feb 18, 2002.

1. patrick

patrick OSNN Addict

Even after restarting the computer several times, when I click on a link to a zip file the "open" button is greyed out any you have to save it. This is really annoying and has only just started happening today.
    Could someone plz suggest a way to fix this?

Thanks,
    Patrick

2. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

have you recently download an update to IE, cause a lot of people are having this problem

3. patrick

patrick OSNN Addict

No I don't think so...
    I'm still running 6.0.2600
    And I know it's not supposed to be like that because my other computer is doing it like normal. The only thing I did update was norton.

Patrick

4. ATMB

ATMB Guest

I have too this problem. I've just reinstalled WindowsXP to speed my pc, and now I installed Norton Antivirus 2002 too...and I'm gettin' this problem....how can I do???

please HELP ME!!! and mail me to atmb82@tiscali.it

bye!

5. Hydryst

Hydryst Guest

I've been having lots of similar problems when running XP .. The only suggestion I have for you is to format your computer in NTFS (with the win xp cd) and install from scratch .. It solved ALL of my problems !!

Good luck !

6. Khayman

Khayman I'm sorry Hal... Political User Folding Team

bit of a drastic option, format your hard drive just to open zip files. is opening zip files really that important? personaly I never open anyfiles driectly always save to to disk first that way I can scan for virus and I may need the file again

but any way this here person thinks they've found a solution to your problem

http://www.xp-erience.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5453

7. Tope

Tope Guest

You're a wise man, Khayman.

Always save downloaded files for the reasons that Khayman gives.

8. scut

scut Guest

use stardownload