annoying amazon...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by macromp, Aug 23, 2004.

1. macromp

macromp the retarded one

not sure if this goes in here...just wondering why since reformatting (SP2 decided to completely...what's a nice way of saying the f word?...'mess' up my computer) amazon.co.uk/com always comes up with the 'this page contains both secure and insecure items' thing, it's only amazon it does it on and the only insecure thing that i can see is the product picture (when pressing no that's the only thing that doesn't appear compared to pressing yes) it comes up everytime i go onto a new page on the site...how do i stop it? i've got norton internet security installed which i didn't have before, could it be something to do with that or is it just some ie security option?

2. macromp

macromp the retarded one

i refuse to believe not one of you knows what to do about it, have i not explained it properly or is it in the wrong area?

3. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Is there a setting in IE/Tools/Internet Options/Advanced where something like that can be turned off/on?

That's all I got.

4. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Isn't there a check in the bottom left of that popup that you can check and not be told about it anymore? Also I believe its and option like Hipster Doofus said. It's ALWAYS been there since as long as I can remember (aka WAY before sp2). You probably just had it unchecked. :)

5. macromp

macromp the retarded one

yeah i had a look through the advanced options before i posted, it's probably under some obscure name knowing microsoft...and yes i'm sure there used to be a little check box on the pop up, but this time there isn't...hmm, i'll look again through the advanced options

6. Xie

Hmmmm.. not very obscure ... ' tools -> internet options -> advanced -> 2nd to last option '. :rolleyes:

macromp likes this.
  7. macromp

macromp the retarded one

yes i found it this morning :rolleyes: thanks for the help

8. Xie