Animation Shop Question

So, my effect is the way you want right? Those steps are exactly what I did. First of all, when you saved all the shifted variations of your pic, did they all have snow on them when viewed individually? Each one should be your pic with snow overlayed on them. If not, then something went amiss while in Paintshop (make sure you paste the snow in using "Paste as new selection", NOT "Paste as new Layer"). If they all look OK individually, then the issue was in Animation Shop.

If all pics look ok by themselves, open Animation Shop. Go to File -> Animation Wizard. Click Next a few times (take the defaults) until you get to the dialog to add the files. Browse to your files and select all of the images you made (you can select them all at once) and click Next, then Finish. The result should be a bar with all your images with snow overlaying them.

Yep, I've done all that but when viewing the animation the lil girl and my name also flash, I don't want them to.

That is weird. Just to be sure, the attached pic is what all the individual GIFs look like in explorer (I've increased the size of the thumbnails for easier viewing). Is this something like your GIFs look like?

Kinda. As I said I'm using PSP and followed a tutorial for a snow globe, just didn't use the globe. In the tutorial you have as many frames as you want, with snow and 1 frame of just the pic. The attached is what the frames look like

Well, I'm not sure how that would even work, but that is your problem. All the snow pics do not automatically overlap your image for the effect you want. Maybe there are better/faster/easier ways to do the effect, but that is how I did it. Each separate pic of Jewelzz is overlayed with snow.

Not exactly how I want it to look but at least I know how to do it :D

Congrats!

If you were able to do that, then the other thing should be easy now (just a little tedious)...

Well, yeah snow is falling, but I just thought you wanted flakes or something a little different.

Originally posted by PseudoKiller
it looks like shes cutting a fart :D

Hehehe....Pseudo..Sorry I got back so late, but it looks like you got a handle on it now. :cool:

Sorry I could not come back and give you any more info Jewelzz.

Shit got REALLY busy at work, didn't even get a break. :(

What scriptasylum is showing you is pretty much the direction I was headed.

What I might do is make at least 8 to 10 copies of the image with the girl and yer name in Paint Shop Pro. Each one you then do yer little snow flakes to the density you want. But each one the snow droplets are in diferent places... in otherwords just do random droplets (snow flakes). Make sure ya save each one as a gif 1 thru whatever.

Open Animation Shop and use the Animation wizard to create yer animation load all the images and set the frame properties display time (100th/sec) as to your liking.

View the animation and adjust the frame display time as you see fit.

It may take a little longer than layering each image or doing the Magic Wand thing but it works out well. The Noise effect in Animation Shop is good to do but the size of the specks is small and you can't choose the color (grey or multi-color specks). :(

But by doing the snow yourself with the Pen tool in PSP they come out better and you can also adjust the Density of them to the point of making them semi-transparent (when you make the ones on the girl to cover her).

Trial and error... Oh what fun. :D

i told you how to do it this way a few days ago in #enyo :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back