AMD vs INTEL

i work in a shop that builds p4 systems. iam the only AMD guy there.. i get slagged cause AMD run at higher temps with the retail fan. p4s stay around 40C/45C 1.5ghz/2.4ghz AMD however fun higher 50/55c with retail cooling bleh :/

Originally posted by catch23
Scottish: then mention to them that the AthlonXP series perform better than the competitive Pentium 4s....and that there is only a temp difference because Pentium 4s run on Burst Technology...

Grinder: speed is the point....but when test after test has shown that Intel's "speed" is slower than AMD's "speed"....I think those 2.533ghz should be closer to 2ghz....

But if you overclock it so the cpu die temp is the same...Intel WILL outpreform amd....thats my whole point!

Intel "underclock" ther cpu's for stability.

Ergo, that is why they are more overclockable.

OK, well obviously u are right and I am wrong....Guess there is no moderation with you.

*lights up a fatty, grabs a shot and a beer and chillz*

You win dude, Ill have to send you my "AMD/Pentium Killer" case sticker.

Geta Pentuim4 2.6 GhZ ! There better than AMD! Plus when u buy AMD and u clock it it gets really hot, but pentuim4 doesnt.

Originally posted by _DM_
Geta Pentuim4 2.6 GhZ ! There better than AMD! Plus when u buy AMD and u clock it it gets really hot, but pentuim4 doesnt.

Actually id get a 2.26gh, and overclock it....and still run cooler and more stable than stock AMD at any speed.

Sure...when you overclock it

But what happens when you take an AthlonXP that's clocked (not overclocked...so this doens't exist yet) at 2.5ghz? It beats the shit out of that Pentium 4.

Benchmarks anyone?

So I take it no...according to you, your 1600+ should dust my p4...shall we try?

By then the P4 will be at 3gh....AMD is defiantly in a uphill battle now....and slipping fast.

You stick to your guns and ill stick to mine. Just dont constantly blast Intel, they are leading the pack now, admit it and get over it.

I guess we shall see, but inital tests on the "clawhammer" are not that impressive....

But you can dream....

G4 with velocity engine 0wnz. :p

The PowerPC G4 with Velocity Engine — the chip that put supercomputing power on the desktop with the original Power Mac G4 — now takes performance to stratospheric levels with a version that delivers a peak performance of 15 gigaflops.

processor_g4graph01222002.gif

NOT THAT IMPRESSIVE??

....it was clocked at 800mhz....and it performed just as well as a P4 at 1.6ghz did....EIGHT HUNDRED MEGAHERTZ.

LOL you keep getting sucked into their marketing stragety.....and have fun. Ill stick with Intel.

Open your mind and your ass will follow.

You know the other day I was thinking of my favorite color, mines purple what's yours?

:cool:

I like cookies. Yeah, cookies. Mmmm!

I do too. I like those No Bakes cookies, what kind do you like post it here !!!!!!

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back