AMD V.S. Intel

Originally posted by j79zlr
<snip>
AMD for gaming when tweaked properly(this can be argued to no end I know because I usually am on the other side of the fence) because they are easier to OC but out of box have much less performace than Intel, plus DDR works better with AMD and is cheaper, but RAMBUS RAM makes Intel's fly but is very pricy.

I would say the other way around for those statements, intel for gaming while amd is good for office (although both good preformance overall). Also intel are much easier to OC than AMD out of the box. AMD do not have much less performance than intel. DDR works just as well with intel (especially Granite Bay), RDRAM is just about dead with intel.

Originally posted by jumpy
I would say the other way around for those statements, intel for gaming while amd is good for office (although both good preformance overall). Also intel are much easier to OC than AMD out of the box. AMD do not have much less performance than intel. DDR works just as well with intel (especially Granite Bay), RDRAM is just about dead with intel.

working on these machines @ work... I may have to agree here... though for multiple tasks... HT enabled cpu's may end up actually being more productive as more and more apps are written with calls in them for that feature...

and then there is hypertransport coming up as well :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back