AMD Dual Durons !

*Straightens his tie.*

In striving o bring you guys teh latest news we have been caught out by an Aprils Fool, hardly our fault.

We were caught out by an April fool, after midday on the first and hence the fooler is the fool, email spoofing is too easy these days hence verisign authentication etc.

Thanks for that, baser -- I have a basic working knowledge of electronics principles, but thermodynamics is a bit out of my league. :D

just when i thought the bitching was over i log on.... he does have a point though, you guys do take stuff to heart....
its a freaking duron for christ sake...
if it was real, (and why is there a reason not to be, its possible) it would cost as much as a 1800+ xp... no ones gona pay that much for a duron of a lower clock speed. and wouldn't the core architecture need to be diffrent, cause its on the same zif? or are there two northbrigdes, or are they working as one, or two sepreate...
and if they were gona make dual durons like that, why not just go all out and make dual xps? or dual mps....

yes funny, but please try to be careful with the front page news. Thats at least 2 obvious fakes this week. Doesn't do much good for your site... :(

and how can you say people wouldn't buy it? people buy pentium4s, which are slower and cost 3 times as much as an athlon xp? maybe amd is thinking they can win the stupid people by making a stupid product...
and i'm kinda sceptical... theres two sets of bridges, like the l1, l2, l3... so, could you unlock on(the good old L1 bridge trick) or would you have to unlock them both? they may runas two cpus, just one chip, two dies. its more economical, and easier to get thje dual thing working

salty balls on me... someone already pointed out the dual bridges...

Originally posted by DrX
I think some people are taking that Dual Duron post a bit to much to heart

BIG DEAL ! who cares, not me

The strange thing is - they post thousands of great posts and downloads here and yet ive never seen one single post here saying "Nice post" or "thanks" but when one post is a bit wrong you complain like a bunch of girls

Like bryann, hes been lurching for months and the first time he makes a post is to complain.

If it was my site i would ban you wimps !

LOL

If it upsets you this bad I would hate to see you guys handle REAL life

Your like a bunch of babies :)
:( I have been coming to this site since it's beginning. I'm sorry if i haven't racked up the post like the rest of you. The simple truth is i don't have the time. It is more important to me to come to good sites like this to get the news and info i need to continue to build and fix the most current systems out there. As far as dealing with real life don't even go there! i'm 32 and just had a heart attack from pushing myself to hard. I have been in every state in the U.S. and just as many foeign countries. i average 5 hrs a night sleep. I'm head of he U.S. tech support for the worlds leading industrial laser manufacturer. I use my time DOING things not writting about them, so forgive me for not postting all the time. When i come here i need to know what i am reading is truthfull. It is just a shame that things get taken as truth and posted without it being looked at first. This has not been the only screw up lately and i am just concerned that a great site is falling victim to bad reporting. I'm sure this time a lesson was learned and hope to see things improve again.

Originally posted by insaNity
yes funny, but please try to be careful with the front page news. Thats at least 2 obvious fakes this week. Doesn't do much good for your site... :(
:) This is what i was trying to get across. Thank you for sayig it in a better manner then i did.
Woohoo i'm up to 3 post now .lol

Guys, I made this fake, especially for Fools Day at 1, April and had posted this joke among other dozen here:
http://www.ixbt.com/news/hard/archive.shtml?20020401

AT 1st APRIL!!!
And without our site's mark. All newsmakers, who was copyed my jokes at 1st april, all made link to us

If You can't read russian, check some 1st april news on our english language mirrour:

1GHz Dual Duron and new Socket 924 from AMD

BTW, there was more cool jokes, for example

ServerWords: SMP and results of cross licensing
http://www.digit-life.com/news.html#1017644791

ServerWords: SMP and results of cross licensing

Company named ServerWords used its cross-licensing agreement with both Intel and AMD for developing world's first SMP chipset Pentlon supporting Athlon MP and Pentium 4 Xeon.
The chipset consists of North, South, East and West bridges. North and South bridges implements standard functions while West bridge converts DDR-RAMBUS memory requests to allow simultaneous access to shared system memory and East bridge (aka 'Intel-AMD prefetcher') detects which CPU to use for this or that application
We were lucky to get a picture of the first mainboard based on the new chipset.

sw.jpg

Exclusive u said? Why did u post 'Exclusive" and mark this by your site's mark?
Plagiarism or dishonest e-mail informer? I don't know...
Must i mark my jokes "iXBT.com, not xp-erience.org" in the future?

========
lone
iXBT.com News Editor

Exclusive u said? Why did u post 'Exclusive" and mark this by your site's mark?
Plagiarism or dishonest e-mail informer? I don't know...
Must i mark my jokes "iXBT.com, not xp-erience.org" in the future?

BTW : its April 12 not april 1st I cant see anyware on the front page news story about april fools

When news get submitted to these guys you expect them to scour the whole net and every crappy rusky site to make sure the images arent copied - that cold up there must be damaging to the brain.

Am i the only one here who think lone is an idiot ?

Lone i will try to explain this to you as i know you are russian and probably a bit slow on the uptake.

Someone submitted the news to this site as an exclusive new chip with images obviously attached - and they posted it - like i said above, do they have to search every crappy rusky site to see if the images have already been posted.

And BTW you didnt create them :)

http://www.digit-life.com/news.html#1017644033

Also scroll UP

The source of the email obvioulsy was trying to cause a stir, and we all realise it was a fake.

So what, no need to cry.

Hahahha wow

The story was submitted by email (spoofed) and the images were attached - i was just on my way out to the pub when it arrived - so I posted it.

1. If it really upset you - sorry
2. If you dont like the site, goodbye, thanks for stopping by.
3. Everyone makes mistakes.

The guy who submitted it obvioulsy wanted to cause a stir in the ranks.

Rusky boy - it was just pure bad luck about the images, and yes I dont visit russian sites, by the way nice images :)

ROFL !!!

Most of us thought it was cool even though it tricked me :D

it only upset 2 or 3 sooks , so who cares !

Quamhlin : you are right there man

Originally posted by max
ROFL !!!

Most of us thought it was cool even though it tricked me :D

it only upset 2 or 3 sooks , so who cares !

Quamhlin : you are right there man
Got me too at first. Had to give a closer look. I had to think about it for a sec. There's really no reason to get upset about it. Kinda funny really.

waddy

;)
no problem, e-mail is e-mail
i do sometimes news on e-mail messages too.

i was amazed only of your logo on pics.

===If you dont like the site, goodbye, thanks for stopping by. ===
Huh, its all your hospitality?
Lets exchange ICQ numbers and cooperate
I like your site, it is quite good :)

===Everyone makes mistakes. ===
Me too
===by the way nice images===
Thanks

DrX
===Am i the only one here who think lone is an idiot ?===
Wow! So nervious man!

===Lone i will try to explain this to you as i know you are russian and probably a bit slow on the uptake. ===

So pity i am slow to speak english. but i see your boorishness clear :(
You have problems wid russians? Seems, its yours.

Anyway, i uptake english better, than you russian. ;)
Be easyer, especially wid stranger

logo was added so you would know the source f the pics if they were / are (haha) real.

actauuly, it would make sence, to bad its not real....
and why wouldn't it be possible? its just two durons on the same ceramic.... two dies, two sets of bridges... one zif, makes an ecinomical server

Originally posted by wyrlwyn
actauuly, it would make sence, to bad its not real....
and why wouldn't it be possible? its just two durons on the same ceramic.... two dies, two sets of bridges... one zif, makes an ecinomical server
Maybe we can sell it to intel :confused:.

Never mind, then we'd have to endure two headed painted intel dudes in those commercials [shudder]. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back