AMD Athlon XP 1800+ Operating Temp.

B

bpimpdaddy21

I was just curious on wha the normal operating temperature for an Athlon 1800+ is around. Mine seems to run anywhere between 40 and 50 degrees centigrade, and I was wondering if this is normal or if it seems high. Any help is appreciated.

Well some extra cooling would do you good (case, cpu, etc), my 1600+ is @ 1900+ and my idle temp is 36-38C mostly & load is 45C. What hsf ya usin, and are ya usin any thermal paste?

Ahh yes, I nearly forgot. What are ya usin to get the temps? They are sometimes a little wrong.

Sorry i ment land of the super 12

But back to computers,i am upgrading soon and don't know
if i should get P4 or AMD. Because i read a lot of post about
people having AMD cpu's and them over heating but they are
cheap.

My Web Site

ahh ..... super 12 now it all makes sense.

*Don't flame me ppl, this is just what I think*

Go with AMD man, they are cheaper and in my opinion they're bloody good performance-wise, I don't wanna knock Intel heaps, they are good, AMD however are the beasts of today. Temps are no probs man if your at stock speed the temps should be sweet, either way u just gotta have the right cooling. I'd recommend a Tt V7+ or an Alpha hsf, unless you wanna go freaky and do some watercooling.

So really it depends on what you wanna use your rig for.

These are my opinions, just what I reckon
Intel = Business bullsh*t
AMD = Gamin ... YEAH!!!!

I'd go with the Intel *cough crap crap!!*, they are more app intensive cpu's and if I recall a NZ PC World mag from way back they recommend it too. I'll have a look see at my mag collection and post in a few. :)

ahh well I didn't find the mag but found this on the PressF1 website:

"Choosing a Pentium 4 or Athlon processor depends on individual needs and software, though our PC WorldBench 2000 tests show the Pentium 4 to have a slight advantage.
Iampietro recommends that you work with at least 128MB of RAM — but you can never have too much for video editing."

ahhh... sheep lovers ;)

hehehehe... just go with AMD... The mere fact is, Intel is 2 - 3x more expensive and can't compare to an AMD.

Despite what PC Mags say, they are biased.

AMD's can operate at up to 60 degrees... when it goes over 60 degrees, thats when you need to worry about getting some better cooling.

My PC is ALWAYS at load because of Folding@Home so i'm usually sitting in the low 50's.

I'm not too sure about NZ Prices but you should be able to get a AMD AthlonXP 1800+ fairly cheaply. Should only cost you a sheep or two ;) ehehe j/k

yep, I hate Intel anyway hehe :D

Expensive?? oh hell no........ (sarcasm)
NZ$1300 for P(iece of crap)4 @ 2.25Ghz
NZ$650 for AthlonXP 2100+ @ 1.74Ghz
*Approx prices*

Originally posted by bpimpdaddy21
I was just curious on wha the normal operating temperature for an Athlon 1800+ is around. Mine seems to run anywhere between 40 and 50 degrees centigrade, and I was wondering if this is normal or if it seems high. Any help is appreciated.

amd-xp-cpu is working fine till 75... so what ?
keeping the cpu temp down is PURE CRAP (there is absolutely no need to do that)

mine is running at 60 (full load 65)

your joking right? ok at your temps my 1600+ @ 1900+ will most probably outlast yours. That's not a really good temp, even though it may be running stable atm.

(this is almost too easy.. your playing right into my cards)

when my 2000xp+ @65° dies... george w. bush´s son will be president !

tell me: what exactly do you know about siliconbased nano-/micro-electronic circuits ? let me guess... actually... nothing !?

so what drives you to tell me that 65° is too high ?? i dont quite get the point.. please help me ...

at idle i am about 42.5 degrees C, and at load i get as high as 51 degrees C. This doesnt sound bad to me.

temperatures seems to be ok but there is still place for better .

My AMD XP1700+ runs between 43 - 46 degrees centigrade i have fitted extra case fans one to extract right by the side of the processor heatsink & Fan. the lower you can get the temp the longer the CPU will last

My 1800+ is usually about 50c, yesterday though....was so hot that it got to 141f, Usually @ about 120

But with 11 case fans, how can u go wrong?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back