AMD 939 & DDR Memory Question

Thank you all for your support,

The system has speed up a bit after removing two sticks, i'll do a bios update later on as it turned out to be a known bug that the 939 memory controler can sometimes refuse to fun 4 sticks in dual mode.

I used WD's HD diagnosis tool and it told me that my HD is fine. I'll try multiple defrags (i'm using perfect disk) to see if anything changes. I will also try to have a windows installation on my other SATA drive to see if it makes a difference since my current one is kinda old.

slim i have a feeling one of your sticks may be bad, and possibly slowing down the others. you say it should be 333 thats 2700 if i remember correctly and 400 is 3200, so it could be you mistakenly bought either one or two 2700 with the 3200 by mistake or a 3200 could be mislabeled, but instead be a 2700, i've seen this a few times myself.

If you say your games are working flawlessly. i don't think it is a h/d problem or probably a mem issue apart from what i said above. i would almost be inclined to believe it to be a CPU issue, as the processes may not be lining up correctly for process by the CPU, leading me to believe its your cpu failing, or if you have o/c'ed it bring it back to default values, do you have another amd chip you could test in your machine. The only reason i think this is because when you are on the desktop running multiple threads by opening multiple problems the machine is locking up, with a games its pretty much running a single thread.

I'd probably bet on this being the issue, but i still think you should check all your mem as well as a seperate issue to make sure each is what it is supposed to be.

thanx for the reply lancer,
i think i found one of the problems. It seems that my audigy is conflicting with some other piece of hardware that i have like mlakrid said. I removed the audigy driver and the system is now producing a much better performace.

I'm still testing it, but it seems to be in a good shape. I'm now working only with two sticks @ 400 Mhz, but the other two sticks are 3200 indeed, i did try them on another PC.

Download CPU-Z then click on the SPD tab and you can check what each memory module is rated at as well as other details about them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back