amd 64 but question

IDLE

OSNN Senior Addict
im running an amd 3000+ 64 bit, and when i enable cool and quiet and then run the app in windows it says my cpu is @ 1.0ghz. should be 2.0 when i disable it, it, cool and quiet will say its at 2.0ghz. what am i doing wrong here??

thanks IDLE

when i enable this function my UT99 game goes ape ****. it moves very fast.

generally speaking in a situation like above, simply edit and post the addendum to the previous post since no one else has replied thus far...

regarding CnQ, I don't quite follow your problem from the first post...

regarding the second one, a lot of games react the same way using the older engines... its just the way the game collects the data and then synchs itself to run... unfortunately it thinks the game is a lot slower than it really is and thereby runs faster...

best thing to do is turn off CnQ by changing your power profiles and you are good to go...

rephrase your first question and perhaps it will make a little more sense... I can't decipher it right now ;)

i answered my own question finally. what i was doing was enabling cool and quiet in the bios. when i ran teh cool and quiet app the cpu was registering at 1000...not 2000. it only shows the cpu at a constant 2000 if i have the cool and quiet disabled in the bios.

i did some reading in your post about the CPUZ and noticed that the CPU would flexuate whan i ran an application...when the cool and quiet is enabled.

i dont not understand the difference in the power association. meaning using the differnt profiles to speed the processor up. like using minimal poewr manag. vs home office/desk.

Ok, here's a little summary of CnQ:

When activated, CnQ will raise and lower the speed of your processor to optimize it's usage when needed. This means that if you are running few or no programs your processor's speed will drop dramatically to decrease it's power consumption as well as the heat generated from the use.

Or when you are using a lot of programs, the speed will increase, resulting in more power being used as well as more heat generated. It's a very simple process to understand really.

That's why when you checked the speed of your processor it was recognized so slow, because it only needed 1000mhz to be able to run what you had open.

As far as the power management options, all they are are a bunch of predetermined and adjusted settings for different levels of usage and power consumption of your computer. Home/Desktop usage will usually have settings to put the computer into hibernate mode and shut off the hard drives and monitors in order to make the PC quieter and use less energy. the Always on feature will elliminate shut downs of different parts of your computer in order to allow you to use it all of the time.

That's all I'll say about that stuff. It's really very basic.

arrrrg ShepsCrook u beat me to it!
i personally think CnQ is a neat feature,but intel's Enhanced Speed Step is much better and faster...

elektro... point me in the direction of a single pentium 4 desktop processor that utilises speedstep style technology please...

IDLE, I did indeed mean using the power profiles such as minimal and home desktop...

minimal == CnQ active... home desktop == running @ full speed...

this way you don';t have to keep going into bios to turn CnQ on and off... it is done so with the power profiles...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back