AMD 64-bit single-core processor club

Dunno what to upgrade next? :(
Gonna start from scratch in a few months I reckon.

i got a socket 754 based system for the moment hehe, im wondering when are we going to see pci express based boards for amd and is creative making any pci express sound cards?? y i say that is i dont wanna go n buy one of thier "best" cards n find they release out a whole new type weeks later :eek: :cool:

Electronic Punk said:

id wait a few months still, see what else in the 64 bit world comes out...

Electronic Punk said:
Send me the parts you don't want afterwords ;)

Xie said:
Send me the parts you don't want afterwords ;)
I'm second in line. Share the love.
tongue.gif

I think as my PC is more expensive than my car, I will hang on to it.

Electronic Punk said:
I think as my PC is more expensive than my car, I will hang on to it.
:eek: ...

You might be an addict if ....

Yeah, someone's just action packed with issues... lol
I'll be building either an AMD64 3200 with 1mb cache, or a 3500 939 pin. with in the next week or so.

I spent £40 on it yesterday and will be spending £60 on a funky matrix orbital lcd screen I just saw. Looks cool displays a winamp GE, tracklisting, winamp, fraps fps, temp (mbm)... Zoom Player. looks like it's possibilities are endless.

Useless crap arrived today tho, jelly like stuff to go around my fans to reduce vibration noise, a load of pci slot protectors... lol and something else cool and useless that eludes me.

Ewwww... Well, I just bought a VGA Silencer Rev. 3 for no reason... Just to have one on the side. I'm probably going to buy an Ati Radeon 9800 Pro 128 and use it on that and flash it to XT speeds. Or maybe I'll spurge for a 6800GT.... Who knows.

I'm going to wait to upgrade from my a64 til there are mainstream or near lower high end dual core amd or intel! still a while away but I'm comfortable with my set up for now

Yeah, I was thinking what's the point in getting a high end AMD64 right now. Since Dual Cores will be out next year, and that requires a full upgrade (motherboard and CPU).

Basically it's two processors inside of one. And AMD is making them AMD64 built with the 90nm process. So these should be some pretty nice chips. They are coming late 2005

ahh ok then thatd b good, id like to update another computer to amd64 but my luck is ill go out and buy a socket 939 system then BOOM! they'll bring in PCI Express etc, just a quick question which is better n faster the gf fx 6800 or x800 xt?

Depends. Are you talking about the stock 6800? Or are you talking about a 6800GT?
The X800 XT will beat a 6800, but not a GT I believe.

I would suggest going with the GT because I've seen that they can be overclocked VERY nicely to become Ultra speeds.

Yeah, but I'm talking bang for your buck. But buck with some bang... I need some sleep.

Well it's official, I've finally joined the 64 club :)

Here are some of the specs:

Monarch GT64 Custom PC/WS (Athlon 64/FX 939)
Cases: 100493 - PS 400W - Enermax CS-5171LBFS-B Mid-Tower
Motherboards: 110188 - Gigabyte K8NSNXP-939 Audio/GB-LAN/USB/IEEE
Processor: 120843 - AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 512K (939)
Thermal Grease: 800018 - Shin-Etsu G675 Thermal Grease
Heat Sink Fan: 130123 - Thermaltake VENUS 8+ for AMD Opteron/64/F
Memory: 140866 - DDR (400) 3200 - 1 GB (2 pcs 512) Corsair
Hard Drive: 150623 - SATA - Seagate (ST380013AS) 80 GB/7200-RP 2nd Hard Drive: 150623 - SATA - Seagate (ST380013AS) 80 GB/7200-RP
RAID Setup: 80011 - RAID 0 (Zero)
CD/DVD-ROM: 160827 - CD-RW - Lite On LTR-52327S 52X32X52 CD-RW
(already have a Pioneer DVR 105)
BFG 6800 OC Video Card
Blue Neon case light

Let me tell you the RAID "0" really rocks, and I mean WOW!!!

Can't even imagine the speed gain with a pair of WD 10,000RPM Raptors :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back