AMD 2200+ processor problem

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by RogerPhillis, Dec 15, 2002.

1. RogerPhillis

RogerPhillis Guest

I wondered if any one has come across any problems relating the the XP 2200 processor and Chaintech mobo or similar.?

On reboot the system shuts down and errors such as causing Bootvis not recognising the system to rearrange files and minor IE6 errors.

These appeared immediately on changing from AMD 1.33Ghz processor
  2. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

New bios tried ? Chaintech is a good brand as I know :confused:
  3. RogerPhillis

RogerPhillis Guest

Yeh new bios loaded every update, supposedly supporting this processor. Chaintech/AMD appear to be baffled.
  4. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

What Model MoBo is it???

And were you having any probs with it before the CPU upgrade???

Is the CPU fully seated, CPU Fan functioning correctly, is the CPU temp within a safe range???
  5. RogerPhillis

RogerPhillis Guest

Yes Processor and fan installed correctly.
    Mbo is Chaintech 7KJDO.
    Temperature is running @47degrees C, despite using Arctic silver paste,a bit higher than I would like,although this same as previous processor that had no probs.
  6. melon

melon MS-DOS 2.0 Political User

Maybe the AMD 2200+ processor is defective? I'm sure it happens here and there...

7. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

What BIOS did you use???

Because that board only supported up to a 1.3Ghz CPU and it did not support the XP Athlon CPU untill there was a BIOS update for it in late 9/2001.

Check this link to see if you have the latest or maybe flash it to the one that was specificaly for the CPU upgrade (third from the top).