Amazon being rubbish

Discussion in 'Garage Sale' started by ray_gillespie, Feb 9, 2005.

1. ray_gillespie

ray_gillespie Moderator Staff Member Political User

Hi,
    I just wondered whether anyone here had applied for an amazon.co.uk mastercard before christmas, and if so had they recieved their £20 gift certificate? I signed up in November and was promised one at the very latest by the end of January. I've had nothing, and I have phoned them and emailed them countless times and still nothing. Has anyone had one of these gift certificates for signing up yet?
    Thanks.

2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I am steering clear of the whole credit card thing, it was my fallback at uni and turned nasty.

3. ray_gillespie

I had a pretty close shave with the damned things at uni too, taught me a valuable lesson. I can control myself now :)

4. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

Well A.O.L. promised me a £20 gift certificate if I continued their broadband service past my contract which expired Boxing day 2004. I didn't recieve it in January, yet to receive it still to this day. I phoned A.O.L. and they told me it was Amazon.co.uk's offer and I had to deal with them, still no gift certificate, so maybe they have run out or have a bit of small print which allows them to cancel the idea all together.

5. ray_gillespie

They've told me that I am still entitled to it, and I haven't found any smallprint about them cancelling, but they just keep saying sorry and that they will look into it.