AM2Gamer - coming this week

5 year warranty and top notch components == expensive.

If you look at similar high-end parts from Antec and others, they are maybe 20-30 bucks cheaper but they are not as efficient or have anywhere near the same features :D

Matt, back me up here :smoker:

from the little experience I have had with them, yes I can back you up

Well it's been a tough decision but I'm scrapping my plans for this AM2 gaming rig. And it's AMD's own fault for this. I was waiting for their AMD AM2 64 X2 4400+ 2MB cache CPU to be released and the same week it was to hit the stores, they pulled it from their AM2 lineup in favor of the 1MB cache versions (ugh), uh....no thx AMD.

So I patiently await the Intel Core 2 Duo (conroe) for August and I will buy one the second Asus releases a mobo like the M2N32-SLI DLX WiFi that supports it. Best conroe to get is the 4MB cache versions and I'll get the E6700.

Bye Bye AMD, Hello again Intel.... :laugh:

For what it's worth, you made the right choice, for now :)

I am still gonna push you to get a quality psu :smoker:

Matt and I should have a PC P and C review up soon. Cleanest power delivery I have ever seen, even with my cool n quiet active.

I'm a fan of Tagan myself, pity you folks over the other side of the puddle cant get them too easily.

July 23rd is likely when the chips will be shipped to OEM manufacturers. Stores will probably get them throughout August and who knows when the mobo companies will release their top-end models that will fully support these chips. August/Sep? We'll see. As I said, the Asus M2N32-SLI DLX WiFI for the AM2 chip, is the kind of mobo I want for the Conroe so I hope Asus makes one like that quickly.

July 23 is retail date :) OEMs and retailes are getting shipments throuought july.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back