always on top?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Perris Calderon, Nov 2, 2002.

1. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

Does anyone know how to put an app always on top?

I want my download manager, and my notepad to be on top when I'm working, and the option is not in the gui.

I know this can be done, as various apps have it, like coolmon.

when we get this, I'll put it on the my favorite tweaks thread.

hope someone can help...thanx

2. Mubbers

Mubbers Shoot! Political User

No I don't.

But doesn't the Task Manager window have an option to make it 'always on top'.

If I knew anything about regedit etc... I'd reckon the key to it was somwhere in that direction. I.e. see if the feature that allows Task Manager to always be on top can be duplicated for anything else...

My guess! :)

Mubbers

3. huFFamOOse

huFFamOOse Guest

I use a program called PowerMenu which is a small app that can be run hidden etc.

http://www.veridicus.com/tummy/programming/powermenu/

Also if you use a nvidia card with recent drivers, you can use the desktop manager (which i don't like enabling) found in 'additional properties' for your card.

4. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

cant you just use actual windows manager or something like that. or maybe it was called actual title buttons. Was a program that could make any program stay on op or transparent or minize to tray...

5. Perris Calderon

ya...I guess an app would do it, but it would be nice to know what to add to the rregistry, and then put this on the my favorite tweaks thread

6. Perris Calderon

ha...this is in the wrong spot...can someone move this to coding and design?

also, I don't have a registry compare program.

if anyone does, run a compare with coolmon always on top, and then again, without it always on top...we'll find the registry entry with that