"Always ON" Internet Connectivity ---> How?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Cannibal Corpse, Feb 20, 2002.

1. Dear All,
    I am using Windows XP Pro and RASPPPeE, I need to know how can I "force" my PC to automatically Dial the ISP when I boot the system? (to have feel of "Always ON" connection that is)

Many thanks in advance.

2. kingnothing

kingnothing Guest

I don't know how to do it with RASPPPoE, but I know that if you use XP's native PPPoE dialer, you can create a shortcut to your desktop and then stick it in your startup folder.

3. Thanks for the info. How can find this "native" XP's PPPoE Dialer? thanks again!

4. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

Create a new network connection. Select Advanced, then Create a new conneciton using a username and password. That will create a connetion using XPs built in PPPoE login.

JJB6486

5. phaze

phaze Guest

Wait

Same here, using raspppoe with XP.

Raspppoe creates a DUN connection but makes it to work with your DSL or cable( cable too right?)

Anyway mine connects when it boots up because
    if you go to
    my computer>my network places(link on the left)>view all connections> then right click on dial up connection for your dsl
    go to the options tab, and uncheck promp for user and pw, this is being sure you check remember password for all users on the comp.

then well the way I do it is, I make a shortcut to the connection on my desktop and cut it so its on the clipboard
    then go to my computer
    C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    and paste it in the startup folder thus opening the connection after you reboot and not asking for password and connecting right there.

thats my method..got an easier one spill it