Alt Tab

A

Adre

I remember downloding some sort of application from this website that allowed XP to skin your alt+tab menu.

I hate it.

Do any of you remember which program it was, and where to disable this? It takes almost 5 seconds to render the preview image. 5 seconds may not sound like a lot, but if you are sifting through about 4 program, that is 20 seconds. Imagine sitting there for 20 seconds just waiting for pictures to load. Then after they've loaded and you've switched, you want to switch back. Another 20 seconds.

Yeah, that is the "enhanced" alt-tab switcher included with the XP Powertoys. And I am with you- it sucks. It is a cool concept, but it takes forever to tab between programs, getting worse the more programs you have open. The instantaneous generic alt-tab is just fine when it comes to speed. :)

Anyways, here is how to turn it off: Go to Add/Remove Programs, and select Powertoys for Windows XP. Select Change/Remove and it will bring up a screen, which will ask if you want to remove it altogether, or change the installed options. Select the latter, and there you can uninstall only the alt-tab enhancement, by changing it's icon to the 'X', and then continuing. And viola! the alt-tab is gone.

Another way would simply be to go into the registry and delete the key for it, or use a great program like Starup Control Panel, which I have attached to this post, which can simply disable it.

Hope that solves your problem. :)

OMightyManII

Originally posted by OMightyManII
Yeah, that is the "enhanced" alt-tab switcher included with the XP Powertoys. And I am with you- it sucks. It is a cool concept, but it takes forever to tab between programs, getting worse the more programs you have open. The instantaneous generic alt-tab is just fine when it comes to speed. :)

Anyways, here is how to turn it off: Go to Add/Remove Programs, and select Powertoys for Windows XP. Select Change/Remove and it will bring up a screen, which will ask if you want to remove it altogether, or change the installed options. Select the latter, and there you can uninstall only the alt-tab enhancement, by changing it's icon to the 'X', and then continuing. And viola! the alt-tab is gone.

Another way would simply be to go into the registry and delete the key for it, or use a great program like Starup Control Panel, which I have attached to this post, which can simply disable it.

Hope that solves your problem. :)

OMightyManII
Yes. It worked. Thanks a ton.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back