Alienware New Case

Originally posted by Jz1397-4
i think it looks pretty bad. anyone that owns one of those has to question their sexuality, as stated by: Oorgle
i was making a joke about the sexuality. they are going for a different look, personall i don't like it.

Originally posted by scriptasylum
Well, I have a local PC shop that I frequent quite often looking to see if they can get just the case since they are a PC dealer (not of Alienware tho). I'll let everyone know the skinny when I find out yay or nay...

I stopped by the shop again today and he said Alienware will not sell just the case, even to a parts dealer. :(

From what Alienware told him, they spent about $750,000 US dollars on R&D and the fabrication system! They want to see how well the systems take off before they jump into selling the cases alone. Plus Alienware wants to stay in the "elitist" group; they don't want them being sold at any run-of-the-mill PC store (CompUSA, Bestbuy anyone?).

Good news though: they unofficially said they might sell just the cases around this autumn depending on "how things go".

I guess I'll just have to stick with my little Lian-Li for now...

The new alienware case looks weak without a window on both sides.

I hated it at first but I like it now! :D :p :confused: :blink: :happy: ;)

one way you could get the case, and only the case would be to

1. buy it all.
2. strip it
3. slang the parts on ebay
4. look at your empty case
5. think to yourself.. i just paid how much, to sell it for how little on ebay!!! crap!

From what Alienware told him, they spent about $750,000 US dollars on R&D and the fabrication system!
:eek:
Plus Alienware wants to stay in the "elitist" group; they don't want them being sold at any run-of-the-mill PC store (CompUSA, Bestbuy anyone?).
They'll be like Rolex pretty soon, it'll be illegal to have an Alienware knockoff product ;)

I stopped by the shop again today and he said Alienware will not sell just the case, even to a parts dealer. :(

From what Alienware told him, they spent about $750,000 US dollars on R&D and the fabrication system! They want to see how well the systems take off before they jump into selling the cases alone. Plus Alienware wants to stay in the "elitist" group; they don't want them being sold at any run-of-the-mill PC store (CompUSA, Bestbuy anyone?).

Good news though: they unofficially said they might sell just the cases around this autumn depending on "how things go".

I guess I'll just have to stick with my little Lian-Li for now...

HAHAHAHAHA to bad they aren't even in that group there know for stablity and I guess looks... that I personally never liked. go out and find one of those guys with the same exact setup - the ugly case with his cpu or whatever at 4 1/2 ghz <~~~ there is your elite group :)

ScriptAsylum, Alienware is sold at Best Buy, just so you know. it's even on the best buy website last time i looked. And i wouldn't doubt it if you would be able to find the new alienware case at a local computer show or somewhere like that, i mean come on, they practically didn't make the cases they used before. You can find the exact same case made by a different manufacturer. not sure who made it first, but ya never know.

Originally posted by ElementalDragon
ScriptAsylum, Alienware is sold at Best Buy, just so you know. it's even on the best buy website last time i looked. And i wouldn't doubt it if you would be able to find the new alienware case at a local computer show or somewhere like that, i mean come on, they practically didn't make the cases they used before. You can find the exact same case made by a different manufacturer. not sure who made it first, but ya never know.

I just went to BestBuy and saw that they did in fact carry alienware! Arrg. They don't seem to be carrying the new styles yet, although that may change.

I wonder if the Alienware rep that the shop talked to was just telling him a load of bull.

I know the older cases look generic, it's the new ones I'm after.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back