Aldi/medion/msi

C

cpomd

Having contacted MEDION and being referred to MSI trying to obtain a MANUAL and a possible BIOS upgrade for the following:-

Mainboard Manufacturer MSI
Mainboard Model Name MS-6399
Mainboard BIOS Vendor Award
Mainboard BIOS Version 1.00

received an automated reply from MSI saying read their site
My request is can anyone out there help me obtain the MANUAL and BIOS. TIA

Hi this is a google translation of a post by msi on their website
at http://www.msi-computer.de/portal/beitrag.php3?Beitrag_id=2143

"The Ms-6399 is a OEM Motherboard and by MSI is not supportet. Therefore you find here also no information over it.

For Bios updates, drivers and support the manufacturer is responsible and/or salesman (e.g. Medion, Fujitsu, Siemens, HP, etc.....) of the PC's.

Look best on its homepage for it or therefore inquire there......"

So i guess you should go back to medion and tell them that MSI don't have it. Hope this helps a little bit

Many thanx for your response it is a timely reminder that i bought this at Christmas last year and although i am delighted with the hardware ALDI the company that sold it will only accept cash or debit Cards as if you use a Credit card it gives you more legal rights, and MEDION has a help line that charges premium rates whilst it places you on hold and makes you listen to how to fix problems that you do not have!! MSI of course is a german company that designs chipsets and will not support OEM chipsets so the position seems to be ALDI do not care, MEDION say speak to MSI and MSI say speak to MEDION, a perfect example of a closed circuit!! There must be thousands of these machines sold last Christmas and by now even the most PC illiterate owner must be thinking of upgrading, but how? with no Manual or possibility of upgrading the BIOS. Once they have your money they do not have to provide after sales service!!

Sorry to go on but i feel strongly about this.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back