Alcohol & WinRAR Icon Problem

lion7718

OSNN Addict
Instead of repeating myself all over again, I have posted it here for all to view at UniteTheCows ...I'm lost on what to try next.

I installed Alcohol about thirty years ago! It seems to have worked well only crashing my operating system a few times and behold I don’t remember any of them and had to be informed the day after by those who were not using the programme at the time.

It’s definitely compatible with Win 3/95/98/ME/XP and NT as well as all version of Unix and Dos, but not Mac systems as the culture shock on viewing such a system reminds me of the owner playing a tenor saxophone to Bill Gates or was it the other way around.

Even better is that the more you use alcohol the faster it appears to work and the more intelligent it becomes even if your at the pressing keys at random stage.

I owe everything to it or should that be I’ve given everything to it. Who cares? All in a dream.

:) :) :) :)

You could try this reg file. Check if the path corresponds to your installation of WinRar.

---------------------------------------------------
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WinRAR\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\Program Files\\WinRAR\\WinRAR.exe,0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WinRAR.REV\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\Program Files\\WinRAR\\WinRAR.exe,1"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WinRAR.ZIP\DefaultIcon]
@="C:\\Program Files\\WinRAR\\WinRAR.exe,0"

---------------------------------------------------

NO, didn't work either....I did just notice that when you right click on New...it shows that same Default Alcohol Icon.

Problem is FIXED....uninstalled WinRAR again, this time went through the registry & deleted all keys (alot of keys) and re-installed...problem is gone

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back