Albatron or eVGA or other FX 5900?

Hey Sazar, you said "I think the expected debut of BENCHES is around sept 30th..." does that mean only information about the 9800xt will be released on Sept. 30, or will the actual 9800xt card be available for me to buy on Sept. 30th? Once again, thanks for your insight into all of this. It's impossible to read a review or benchmark anywhere and be sure it's not bogus or biased. This is the best site on the net in my opinion.

Originally posted by G|ass
Hey Sazar, you said "I think the expected debut of BENCHES is around sept 30th..." does that mean only information about the 9800xt will be released on Sept. 30, or will the actual 9800xt card be available for me to buy on Sept. 30th? Once again, thanks for your insight into all of this. It's impossible to read a review or benchmark anywhere and be sure it's not bogus or biased. This is the best site on the net in my opinion.

half life 2 benchmarks will be officially launched on sept 30th... I am expecting there to be more details of the r360 around that time... as of now we dont even have web reviewers saying they have one sitting ready to be benched so I would have to assume the earliest we will get information about the r360 to be around end sept/early october..

if you want a GOOD place to get information about video cards... www.beyond3d.com

game developers and what not all hang out over there...

In that case I'll go with the Radeon 9800 Pro Ultimate. The last thing that bothers me is the $100 price gap between the 128MB and 256MB version. I won't be doing any kind of engineering or using any graphics applications, just hardcore gaming. Would it really be worth it to spend $469 on the 256MB or should I go for the 128MB at $373?

Originally posted by G|ass
In that case I'll go with the Radeon 9800 Pro Ultimate. The last thing that bothers me is the $100 price gap between the 128MB and 256MB version. I won't be doing any kind of engineering or using any graphics applications, just hardcore gaming. Would it really be worth it to spend $469 on the 256MB or should I go for the 128MB at $373?

its your call really...

there is little overall difference in most things... but @ max resolution with more filtering turned on... you are likely to get a few extra frames @ doing heavy duty work with the extra memory...

you can decide if it is really worth teh extra money..

it isn't to me... but to some it is :)

as I said... its your call...

Originally posted by Sazar
its your call really...

there is little overall difference in most things... but @ max resolution with more filtering turned on... you are likely to get a few extra frames @ doing heavy duty work with the extra memory...

you can decide if it is really worth teh extra money..

it isn't to me... but to some it is :)

as I said... its your call...

Thats good enough for me. I'll go 128. Im already preparing to buy two SATA WD 120g drives to run in Raid 0 and a 3ghz proc.whew:confused:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back