Air Circulation

Or people just visit the thread often. You get a view everytime regardless if the person has been there before.

B is right, btw. :)
At least half blowing out hot air at the top. The rest blowing in (cool) air at the bottom.

C is dead wrong anyway.

Friend B is correct. Half sucking air in (at bottom), half sucking air out (at top). Reason behind this is because as the fans at the bottom are sucking in cool air, the fans at the top are exhausting warm air (as in, warm/hot air rises). This is the most efficient case ventalation. Cool air is passing across most of your hardware and as it heats up and rises, it is exhausted at the top exhaust fans. Think about it...:)

I say one thing, if you have fans in the front sucking air in, and fans in the back sucking air out, be sure to clean your computer inside often; I find a lot of dust settles on fan blades and components.

actually that dust cleaning statement will apply to ANY setup involving air being sucked into the system...

one thing that certainly helps are air filters in front of the fans to catch the dust... these should periodically be cleaned but do save some time in cleaning the inards of ones rig....

:)

Air filters? Where might I get some of those? I think I would like some.

You want cooling?... You want the coolest Case? Well check this out:

K144-1000AL.jpg

K144-1000BL.jpg

K144-1000CL.jpg

K144-1000DL.jpg

K144-1000EL.jpg

K144-1000FL.jpg

K144-1000GL.jpg

K144-1000HL.jpg

Presenting the cutting edge in case technology-- the Koolance PC2-601 liquid cooled case. It's affordable, ultra reliable and super quiet. With this liquid cooled case, noise that you usually get from load processor and case fans are virually eliminated. Plus, with its two pump cooling system, it will run your computer cooler than a traditional ball bearing fans. The cooler your system runs, the faster it can operate! It also features Koolance's very own pre-installed window kit and decal and it looks great.

Cooling plays a vital role in performance and system reliability. As we begin to approach the limitations of traditional cooling methods, many industries are focusing on the next evolutionary step.

Features

* Lockable side handle and front door for security
* Tool-free upper panel assembly and hard drive cages
* Sliding drive rails, and more!

Specifications:

* Model(s) :pC2-601 Beige
* Drive Bays
- Three 5.25"
- four internal 3.5"
- two external 3.5" (both shared)
* Case Dimensions: WxHxD 8" x 21.5" x 18.75" (20.3cm x 54.61cm x 47.6cm)
* Packaged Dimensions: WxHxD 10.38" x 22.5" x 24" (26.35cm x 57.2cm x 60.96cm)
* Motherboard Sizes
- WxH Accepts most boards up to 13" x 12" (33.02cm x 30.48cm)
- Case Weight 30 pounds (13.61kg)
* Shipping Weight: 34 pounds (15.42kg)
* Security Front door key lock, side door key lock
* Warranty : One Year limited

"How many drives can I fit?"

* 3 CD/CDRW/DVD, 6 hard drives
* 3 CD/CDRW/DVD, 5 hard drives, 1 floppy/zip
* 3 CD/CDRW/DVD, 4 hard drives, 2 floppy/zip
* 3 CD/CDRW/DVD, 4 hard drives (liquid cooled)(optional)
* 3 CD/CDRW/DVD, 3 hard drives (liquid cooled), 1 floppy/zip (optional)

Components Included

* Case
* Heat exchanger (radiator)
* Reservoir & pumps
* Top cooling module with fans
* LED display
* Power control board
* User Manual
* Liquid bottle
* tubing, & various smaller components.

** Power supply and liquid coolers (CPU, hard drive, chipsets) are sold separately.

Includes: Koolance CPU-200S Silver Cpu Cooling Kit
Designed for extremely high performance, the CPU-200S cooler consists of a high tolerance transparent upper shell molded over a silver-coated copper cooling plate. For heat sources up to 200W.

Works with AMD 462, Intel 370, and Intel 478. Cooling plays a vital role in performance and system reliability. As we begin to approach the limitations of traditional cooling methods, many industries are focusing on the next evolutionary step.(For use with K144-1000 P & 1002 P)
Specifications:

* Model(s):CPU-200S 200S-A1
* Compatibility
- AMD socket 462
- Intel® socket 370
- Intel® socket 478
* Weight: - 7 ounces (198.4g)
* Dimensions: - WxHxD 1.9" x 2.4" x 0.6" (8.2cm x 6.3cm x 2.4cm)
* Base Materials
- Pure Copper
- Silver Plated
* Components Included
- CPU Cooler
- Mounting Bracket
- Tension Screw
- Thermal Interface Material
- Metal Hose Clamps
* Warranty: One year limited

I would say a combination of friends A and B. Yes, half front half rear is ok but, placement is key. The intake in front should be low. The exhaust in rear should be high. One of my cases has a 120mm intake on the bottom of the front with a "blow hole" tube to aid in direct intake (no restrictions), two 80mm exhaust in the top of the rear, one 80mm exhaust on the side panel directly adjacent to the cpu and one slot fan directly underneath my video card.

However, when the funds are available, I will be purchasing a Koolance case. :D

Well, just picked up a new case for myself, here it is:
http://www.canbell.com/cgi-bin/list?t=prod&disp=detail&sid=1&cid=7&pid=996

It is slightly different than the pic, in the top left of the windows is a blue led crystal fan and I have mounted in the read on the two rear exhaust ports another two fans plus one in the bottom front as an intake fan. I have also switched out the flat ribbon cables to crystal clear silver internal round cables and everything is zap strapped up to maintain airflow. So all in all it has the power supply exhaust, two rear case exhaust, one top left side panel exhaust and one front base intake fan

DO NOT buy the koolance case if you want extreme cooling. yes it is water but it is still hotter than ambient tmeperature. it does however make no noise at all. ive got the koolance system. i wentto extreme cooling a while back i took out the radiator from the case and inserted it into a freezer and took the resivoiur out of the case and inserted it into a refrigerator. i then added a swiftech waterblock because the koolance one blows and a 156w peltier. i am currently running @ -18C which is 0F with absolutly no noise

youve also got to understand that koolance calculates the temperature of the bottom of the waterblock, not the cpu temp which is why the motherboard may report a temperature of 115F which mine was and koolance reported a temperature of 80F. it measueres the temp form the bottom of the waterblock a part that does not touch even near the cpu koolance looks nice and is great for the beginner water cooler guy who is jsut getting into it but once you start overclocking forget it it is a piece of junk. you will change radiator, resivour, pumps and tubing because it is all inadaquate

whats the big deal with cooling it i have a fan for my cpu that gets that cool enough and i take part of my cover off once in a while so whats the deal if keeping it cool

I just rearranged my rig so that my 2 hdd's are place in front of the top intake fan of the 2 in front... there is less air flow... yes... BUT the hdds are way cooler :)

overall there is not a difference in temperature in my case since the air flow is good inside and florida is cooler these days lol...

almost completely aluminium case also helps... everything in my case is now spaced WELL so that heat is not built up to damage devices..

:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back