Ahy RAID experts?!?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by MiseryQ, Dec 24, 2001.

1. MiseryQ

MiseryQ Guest

I get a wierd error whenever I try defragging my RAID drive... There two 30g WD ata100 drives on a modified Promise ultra100 card...

[​IMG]

I've done everything from booting into the console to using NTFSdos Pro to try and find any file named "extend"...

help... :( ...

2. MiseryQ

MiseryQ Guest

Thanks... That helps...

I don't suppose there's anyway to change the cluster size without redoing the array?!?

I have 34gig of trash I'd hate to try and back up...
    I'll probably just get Speeddisk...

One more question... If I redo the array whats the best cluster size from a performace (stripping) stand point?!?

3. MiseryQ

MiseryQ Guest

Just went into the bios, it's a Promise Fastrak100, There no option for clustersize...

If I set up the array manualy it only gives 64k...

Under automatic setup it has only "performance" then "server", "desktop" and "A/V Editing"...

I'll have to dl the manual to see what all that means...

As a side note I destoyed then recreated the partion and it still has all the files... :confused: ?!?

4. MiseryQ

MiseryQ Guest

I converted my Ultra100 to a Fastrak100 awhile ago dl'd the manual and never read it... I reall must start reading instructions, there's so much good stuff in them... I think I can get it...

Thanks...

5. MiseryQ

MiseryQ Guest

Somhow I missed you post... Ijust got everything set and it did erase the files after I changed the size...

The default size of the Promise card is 64k... I manualy defined the array for the max of 1024, then fromated to the same cluster size, as you instructed Ziptrix(?)...

That must've been the reson I kept getting corrupt files... The cluster size in the bios of 64k and the formated cluster size was 4096...

Thanks for all your help on this... Learned something new... Again...