ah themes aren't working --- i have uxtheme patch

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
Ok my themes somewhat aren't working. They use to work before. I have SP1 and I have uxtheme patch thing installed. And whenever i try to do a theme it changes everything except for the taskbar and the top window bar.
It still changes icons and desktop.

And i know its not the theme's fault b/c i've tried a lot and I use to have Foreverblue and corona working but not they won't. :(

Use Style XP. It's pretty good. I don't use UX Theme Patcher.

Everyone to his own likes is what I say.

I like StyleXP, and anyway, since NIS 04 is busy hoovering up resources on my computer, it makes StyleXP look minimal so I don't mind it :D

prodj88 said:
style xp is crappy, it uses up so much RAM and UX theme patcher dosn't.

It aint crappy at all! And 456k of memory...too much? Hmm.

Well, it doesn't matter if StyleXP is crap or not. Just a matter of personal preference. I use the UXtheme patched because it's free, and does the job.

Anyways, let's get back to solving the problem at hand. prodj: Try going to your themes folder (usually, C:\WINDOWS\Resources\Themes\<themename>) and double click the .msstyle file. That should bring up Display Properties with the theme loaded in the Appearance tab.
There's a difference between .theme and .msstyle files. The first is a whole set, usually with icons, wallpapers etc...the .msstyle file is just the taskbar and titlebar/widget skin. From what I gathered, it looks like you're trying to apply the .theme files. Try it with the .msstyle files instead.

Watch for spyware on StyleXP when it takes you to ThemeXP the themes with the small red star brings other things with it. They call it wrapping

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back