AGP Question

DoNuTjC

OSNN Addict
I have a GF 4 Ti 4400 128mb ram and I have a monitor that keeps track of the computer and cpu temp. Also it shows the volts of the AGP... I know that 4x AGP should be at 1.5v but when I start up my computer its at 1.77v then goes down to 1.58 after about a min and a half... is 1.58 good or what?

Your thoughts please...

thanks a lot

just curious... is it labeled as "VCore" in your hw monitor?

oh, sorry... VCore is something else obviously... can't help ya. }:\

dunno, mine's at 1.82 right now. was just wondering if that was my agp voltage.

Vcore is the core voltage of your cpu, this voltage depends on what kind of cpu you have. Just take a look at your manufacturers website to find out the nominal Vcore. For example my celeron is standard 1.75V. So in motherboard monitor or whatever, it is usually around that. Not sure about agp voltages, voltages will change under different conditions, ie. my Vcore goes down by about 0.04V when under heavy load. I have no idea why but it just does.

More voltage means more heat, but sometimes means more stability under overclocked conditions. Hope this helps :cool:

well, sorta... but donutjc's curious about his agp voltage... got any info on that, jumpy?

Ok, i found this post. So it seems that a voltage of 1.58V is fine. People take up their Vagp on their graphics cards to get more stability but it generates more heat. 1.58 should be fine. As long as your card is staying cool, that is the main thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back