AFL Grand Final

I am not a Collingwood fan Hipster but I thought they played a damn good game all the same. They certainly made the Lions work hard for the win.

No Collywoobles this year either.

Hmm as a Queenslander living in Victoria, I can't say I was particularly fussed about Collingwood loosing :) Or about Brisbane winning. Country Qld (Darling Downs) does that to you.

ALF an Australian game? Then how come Adelaide and Vic are the only places that really follow it? Hehe, sorry to rock the boat!

You left out Western Aust & Tasmania. What else would you call a game played mainly in Australia?

Hmmm.... true... it is plain mainly in Australia... I guess what really annoys me about the footy is that to some people it turns into a religion, which just annoys me that a game can take over so much of someone's life.

As I said yesterday (yes I did watch it), "Ooh look, he just kicked a red ball! Through two posts! Wow, he's special!"

But hey, they're good at it so who am I to knock it?

That is like nearly any sport farseeker. To many times sportpeople are thought to be like gods and treated like heros but are payed big money to play a game they love.

Over here where I live in the Philippines, it's actors that are treated like gods.

farseeker; wouser springs to mind but I'll let it drop as your obviously NOT passionate about anything.

However, if as you put it, Australian Rules is mainly played in Vic and SA, how come a Qld team won the Grand Final - what just right time and right place :D

A wouser 'eh.. well I am passionate about many things, just not football. Just cos I'm not a big fan doesn't mean that I'm not Australian.

And how come a Qld team won the final? Well cos their the best this year, obviously duh... I notice that you're from the Gold Coast, the "commercial" part of Qld (no offence), but you go out to where I used to live, and it's rugby rugby rugby, no one gives much of a toss about AFL. I think it's fairly irrelevant which state won the final. I'm glad it wasn't Victoria though, put a lot of people in their place. An Adelaide v Adelaide final would have made me VERY happy (and my girlfriend! She wasn't impressed that her two teams lost in the semi's).

Im A bombers fan, and I can tell you it was very weird going for Collingwood to win. I live in Perth so its nto as bad as living in melbourne if Collingwood win. Lets see brisbane try and keep all these brownlow medalists and great players in there team under the sallary cap

I don't take offence at your comment re the Gold Coast it just highlights your lack of intelligence and knowledge together with the fact it has absolutely nothing to do with the subject thread. :(

Well at least I didn't stoop as low as to slander someone else.

Oh, and this is a prime example of what I was saying earlier. People get waaaay to hyped up about footy.

is an absolutly great sport!
my thoughts, one reason that brisbane and other interstate teams keep winning is because the afl give them so much extra room in the salary cap
its understandable that they do it, but they need to draw the line and not give them such a big advantage...
i was distraught, i missed out on seeing the game cos i was in singapore, still havnt seen any pictures from it!:rolleyes:

also well done to simon black on the brownlow*, i really didnt expect him to get up, but certainly a good player and deserved it!

*fairest and best player in the league if you didnt know:)

cheers

Well the grand final has just ended for this year. Same teams as last year, Lions (Brisbane) & Magpies (Collingwood). Good 'ol Collingwood lost again. lol

Sing with me now.........good 'ol Collingwood forever.......hahahahahahahaha

That's 3 in a row for the Lions.

Seeing as how no one replied last year..........................:p

Well this year the grand final is between the Brisbane Lions (4th one in a row for them. Won the last 3) & Port Power (Port Adelaide).

This is the first time in history (108 years) that no Melbourne based team will be playing.

I'm going for the Lions to get 4 in a row. Only Collinwood have done that & that was in the 1920's.

Haha that's funny :p

I don't have anything else to add to this thread, sorry.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back